OK! Now I KNOW the end of the world is nigh!

Brian Johns

Dedicated Member
Forget Global warming, forget portents of doom such as hurricanes, floods, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.
Forget even nuclear holocaust by schoolboys playing a game of Who has the biggest ****.!

I have just seen and heard with my own eyes and ears IRREFUTABLE proof that the world is about to end.

It was reported last night on the news that a one day outdoor BEER FESTIVAL was CANCELLED!!!!!!
here in Perth yesterday due to inclement weather. :13::13::13::13:

Forget the weather aspect............Australians CANCELLED a BEER FESTIVAL????????????:?::eek::eek::eek:

Mein Gott & Himmel there is no hope left!:13::13::13::13::18:

Brian.... There are no words other than to say, time is a great healer and Bargain Booze is open 7 days a week.

Errrrr.....just for the record as a NON-DRINKER the cancellation has no adverse effect on me "per-se"
( Hmmm...Male, Scottish, ex-copper, living on Oz and Non-Drinker??? maybe I have found the root of my problems!o_O:12::08: )

Errrrr.....just for the record as a NON-DRINKER the cancellation has no adverse effect on me "per-se"
( Hmmm...Male, Scottish, ex-copper, living on Oz and Non-Drinker??? maybe I have found the root of my problems!o_O:12::08: )
Sounds like it!!!

Captain, you do not "request" a breath test. (Well...over here anyway) as refusal may offend....to comply with law you have to "REQUIRE" a person to submit a breath sample.

In any case I plead GUILTY to being under the limit!:p I don't like the taste of alcoholic drinks (or the smell!!)

Having had various alcoholic "fluids" inflicted on me in numerous forms over the years. (Think how may ways a body has to get rid of fluids (deliberately or by accident) and I have been subjected to ALL of them) This dislike of the taste/smell etc has only
deepened.

In my defense....my missus makes up for me whenever possible!:08:

Back in the dark ages when I was in college, I found out that there is no such thing as a Christian frat party. Also, if you order a pizza with everything on it, try to find out if that includes anchovies.

Speaking of the "end of the World," the book "1984" has been on the Best Seller List.

I can imagine a GREAT exchange with the trio regarding the cancellation of a beer event....actually put Sid in there with them for the conversation and it'd be a classic!

Back