Old Aunties Picture

I imagine all over the UK including Marsden/Holmfirth/Jackson Bridge there are similar scenes to that depicted in the Photo but in a similar vein I have just watched a vintage documentary on the BBC IPlayer about the streets and sounds of Liverpool in 1959 . It is an absolutely brilliant insight into what times were like and if you think its tough times now I urge you to watch this and see how really tough it was then . It shows the innocence of the time when kids made their own entertainment and there is not a phone/games console in sight. If you have half an hour to spare please watch it I personally think its a must to see and poignantly shows how things used to be .

I imagine all over the UK including Marsden/Holmfirth/Jackson Bridge there are similar scenes to that depicted in the Photo but in a similar vein I have just watched a vintage documentary on the BBC IPlayer about the streets and sounds of Liverpool in 1959 . It is an absolutely brilliant insight into what times were like and if you think its tough times now I urge you to watch this and see how really tough it was then . It shows the innocence of the time when kids made their own entertainment and there is not a phone/games console in sight. If you have half an hour to spare please watch it I personally think its a must to see and poignantly shows how things used to be .

I watched that same documentary yesterday on i-player Captain. I agree with everything you say.
It seems that all the children were so happy and content in those days, but of course they did not understand the struggle that their parents were going through to provide for them.

No, but someone has spent money rebuilding the 'CD cover' bridge. Its on the Hade foresty walk route if anyone wants a nice walk.

Attachments

• 03007e59.jpg
    03007e59.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 29
Does anyone know what business or businesses occupied the shop before our favourite money grabbing Auntie?
The first season that the shop frontage was used as background it was an actual junk shop. When the crew returned the next year they found that it had been converted to a private residence with a few changes to the appearance of the window and doors, so they had to build a copy of the old shop that could be bolted over the front, then removed for storage and the resulting marks patched and painted.

Back