Old Bookshop Picture

Every time we go, no matter the weather there are always touists, besides us of cause, I'm pretty sure Sumner Wines fans still generate a lot of trade.

It also makes you wonder how much LOSW tourism money helped develop the town

Undoubtedly it revived the town as a whole and has helped establish it as the place it is today . I have said many times but apologies I am going to repeat myself the Local Authority have done very little to acknowledge the Show within the area there are no indications other than the Private Enterprise businesses [Nora's , the Museum and the Cafe] that the show was ever filmed there and how much wealth did it generate for the locals !!

I have tried and continue to try with the local Tourist Information Office to try and include some of the Photos Pete produced into the town guide they publish so fans of the show can visit other locations in the vicinity beside those I have mentioned . Whilst I have had kind words and appreciation the fact is they have not changed the guide to reflect the show in greater depth which is a sad indictment given what the show has done for the town. :(

Last edited:
Back