One year on.

We thank you Peri for your Tall Tales and Shaggy Dog stories , you should publish them all in a book whilst you are in lockdown, make a change from rejecting amorous advances from Marina scaling the drainpipe to reach you ! :08: [ directly plagiarised from Pete and Dud's Greta Garbo sketch]

We thank you Peri for your Tall Tales and Shaggy Dog stories , you should publish them all in a book whilst you are in lockdown, make a change from rejecting amorous advances from Marina scaling the drainpipe to reach you ! :08: [ directly plagiarised from Pete and Dud's Greta Garbo sketch]
I once wrote a collection of children's stories about a hedgehog called Spike, 29 to be precise. I bought a book about publishing and followed the instructions in detail. This included having to send a letter of introduction to a likely publisher. I did everything as instructed. A few months later I got a reply from my preferred publisher which informed me that my stories lacked action and that they would be returned to me. I was very surprised to receive that letter because I hadn't sent them any stories. I had only sent my introductory letter. I was, to say the least, disgusted. J.K. Rowling sent her Harry Potter stories to 100 publishers before she was accepted. I wasn't about to follow with a long line of would-be publishers. I am somewhat lacking in patience. I'm too old to try again.

Attachments

• spike6.jpg
    spike6.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 7
Another year gone by, that went by quick! Glad to have you around here on the forums, Peri. :18:

I remember you posted a picture of your unkempt hair as it'd not been cut for a while, little did you know at that time that most of the world would be following suit in these times !!!!!

I remember you posted a picture of your unkempt hair as it'd not been cut for a while, little did you know at that time that most of the world would be following suit in these times !!!!!
Me with unkempt hair? Let me think. .......??????????? Yeah, I remember. Was it the first pic or the second pic?

Attachments

• Bad hair day.jpg
    Bad hair day.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 4
  • new hair do 2 AA.jpg
    new hair do 2 AA.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 4
Back