Pearl in Scotland.

I think the reason I am not sure is because when I went there about a month or so ago the cloud was on the ground and the rain was blowing horizontally. Only saw shadows of hills through the gloom.
In other words typical weather for the area:(:18:

Sign seems to say welcome to Glencoe Woodland Walk so it the hills around Glencoe [or as Trigger from Fools and Horses would say that's Scotland Dave]

It's the last wee oors of your trip Pearl hope you enjoy it , so "gie it laldy despite if it's a driech day, even if you are fair puckled" [ go for it m'lady even if the weather is somewhat inclement [laldy is gusto] even if you are struggling for breath from all the walking] . " Keep the heid ! Whit's fur ye'll no go by ye , Long may yer lum reek" [Stay calm, whatever will be will be, may you stay well and live long] :)

It's the last wee oors of your trip Pearl hope you enjoy it , so "gie it laldy despite if it's a driech day, even if you are fair puckled" [ go for it m'lady even if the weather is somewhat inclement [laldy is gusto] even if you are struggling for breath from all the walking] . " Keep the heid ! Whit's fur ye'll no go by ye , Long may yer lum reek" [Stay calm, whatever will be will be, may you stay well and live long] :)

If we must be pedantic, LANG MAY YOUR LUM REEK translates as long may your chimney (lum) smoke(reek);)

Be careful folks Pearl could be back across the boarder tomorrow, she may go straight to Dick and take it out on him, Don't worry Dick I have booked a ambulance, I am pretty safe he with no hills, so no interesting things to look at here

Be careful folks Pearl could be back across the boarder tomorrow, she may go straight to Dick and take it out on him, Don't worry Dick I have booked a ambulance, I am pretty safe he with no hills, so no interesting things to look at here

:13::13::13:

Dick,

If only there was someone dressed in an all in one suit with a helmet like some sort or superhero or super heroine who would ride up on say something like a motorbike to your rescue ! :30: Unfortunately such characters only exist in the minds of cartoonists and authors like ..... Roy Clarke , so sir you will just have to face the music when the new chief of the McSibshaw clan returns. :confused2:

The only way I can easier I'd have to come and pick you up and bring you here.

Captain I am not 100% on that expression but I think it means "you don't know your ass (NOTE:-American spelling deliberately) from your elbow"

I checked out the site you mentioned. Quite a few expressions are not quite correctly translated. It should also be pointed out some expressions are associated with particular areas of Scotland and are not necessarily the same throughout the country.
As a quick example the expression "weans" (wee-uns) and "bairns" both mean children but one is more used in Glasgow and the other more common in Fife, but they are not restricted to those areas and both are used throughout.

Here endeth the lesson for today, back to shenanigans:p:03::37:

BTW Pearl, has Haggis Season begun yet? It can't be far away. I forget the exact date>o_O

Back