Possible ringtone

RickAns

Dedicated Member
Apologies in advance for not remembering which episode this is from. Saw it over a month ago and forgot to make note of it. I think this happens near the beginning of an episode.

Nora is outside sweeping the steps when Compo comes out with a music box and wearing what has been called his 'grey tracksuit' by a pub lady in another episode. Compo hits the play button to start some music while he begins to work out with a grey dumbbell. He is acting like the dumbbell is really heavy. Nora comes over to scold him for being outside without more clothes on. He hands the dumbbell to her and walks inside. She gives it a shake as she realizes it is empty and weightless.

Before I had not paid much attention to the music Compo played. In my ignorance it sounded like some electronic muzak that might be played in an elevator. When I watched the episode the other month with subtitles on the music was described as a funky version of LotSW theme tune. Then it clicked and I realized what I was hearing and thought that is a great remake of the theme tune and would be an awesome cell phone ringtone!

Unfortunately I think Nora and Compo start talking over the music right away. Does anyone remember the name of this episode? I would like to try to isolate the funky tune from the voices if possible. Better yet, is there anyone on here who has a better copy of this music without the talking or knows how to clean it up? Or have the ability to recreate this tune so it can be made a ringtone? :21:

Cheers.

Well, drat. I was hoping at least someone would have remembered and said what episode this is. :(

Well, drat. I was hoping at least someone would have remembered and said what episode this is. :(
Terry and I have been trying to trace it. I believe Terry is starrting to trawl through them episode by episode to find it.

Listened twice and definitely a Latin American version of the LOTSW theme so probably Ronnie Hazelhurst again playing incidental music to fit the scene . I imagine it might be a struggle to find it though he did put an album out but again I imagine it would be hard to find and no guarantees that bit of music is on it. Here are the details :-

https://www.discogs.com/Ronnie-Hazl...inal-Music-From-The-TV-Series/release/6545382

Last edited:
Listened twice and definitely a Latin American version of the LOTSW theme so probably Ronnie Hazelhurst again playing incidental music to fit the scene . I imagine it might be a struggle to find it though he did put an album out but again I imagine it would be hard to find and no guarantees that bit of music is on it. Here are the details :-

https://www.discogs.com/Ronnie-Hazl...inal-Music-From-The-TV-Series/release/6545382

I have the album but it is not on there, I got confused (Not hard) with a piece of music from years ago, used on opportunity knocks

I remember that Terry he won for weeks doing basically the same routine, amazing how poor the upcoming acts must have been for him to win. At best he was a novelty that should have won once . The tune of course was Wheels Cha-Cha by Joe Loss . He will be 79 if he is still alive .

I have the album but it is not on there, I got confused (Not hard) with a piece of music from years ago, used on opportunity knocks

Which sounds like the Shadows playing this version, but many were done

I remember that Terry he won for weeks doing basically the same routine, amazing how poor the upcoming acts must have been for him to win. At best he was a novelty that should have won once . The tune of course was Wheels Cha-Cha by Joe Loss . He will be 79 if he is still alive .

He is on BGT and is still holding number 1 spot :37::03::21:

Thanks on the replies. Suit that Turned Left is the episode I could not think of.

That guy has some serious muscle control!

I will keep an eye out for a copy of the music from Ronnie Hazelhurst. Did not even think about them putting that to CD.

*edit
I found a few copies on Amazon. Think I will order one tomorrow. I also found a script for Who's Feeling Ejected selling on ebay. About $25 bucks with another $25 shipping from the UK. The auction is ending in less than an hour. Maybe they will repost it if anyone is interested?

Back