Saluting Dad's Army

• Thread starter Deleted member 617
  • Start date
When you said you liked Dad's Army I thought I would let you know , in case you weren't aware, of the Dad's Army Museum which is in Thetford where they filmed the show . The Museum is stocked with DA memorabilia including the bench nearby with Bronze full life model of Captain Mainwaring . I am a huge fan of the show but I have never managed to make it there .

On their site they state they are hoping to open in April this year but that very much depends on the position regarding Covid Restrictions and us coming out of Lockdown. My quote about survival stems from the fact that I don't know if they received any grants, which the Government has done for the arts to help them through the crisis . All they have is an online shop selling memorabilia and you can make donations but without visitors their main revenue stream has been cut drastically. Like many small outlets they could go to the wall .

When you said you liked Dad's Army I thought I would let you know , in case you weren't aware, of the Dad's Army Museum which is in Thetford where they filmed the show . The Museum is stocked with DA memorabilia including the bench nearby with Bronze full life model of Captain Mainwaring . I am a huge fan of the show but I have never managed to make it there .

On their site they state they are hoping to open in April this year but that very much depends on the position regarding Covid Restrictions and us coming out of Lockdown. My quote about survival stems from the fact that I don't know if they received any grants, which the Government has done for the arts to help them through the crisis . All they have is an online shop selling memorabilia and you can make donations but without visitors their main revenue stream has been cut drastically. Like many small outlets they could go to the wall .

There is a museum and forum for everything these days
https://dadsarmythetford.org.uk/ :) Not a very user friendly website... but interesting.

Back