scarborough,, a new tv comedy series

Thanks for posting Manwino will certainly give it a watch . Whilst on the site I checked and sadly they confirmed that Warren has been cancelled shame because there were a few laugh out loud moments but a series about a cantankerous older man have been done before with Victor in One Foot and Victor and Jack in Still Game . It drew 3.8 million viewers [ half a million more than Alan Partridge's comeback ] for the first episode and whilst it dropped off still averaged 1.8 million by the end that is not too shabby.

a series that was filmed around Summer Wine country is called ,,, were the heart is, starring Sarah Lancashire,, lots of shots of Marsden and Slaithwaite, its on channel sky 143 on Saturday afternoons at three pm , back to back episodes , worth recording im sure

That looks a very promising comedy. Lots of well-known artists in it. I will definitely watch it, particularly as I am a Scarborough fan

Well what is the verdict,I watched it at my daughters house, I thought there was a couple of laughs, though I am not even sure it is supposed to be a comedy, other than the town there is a LOSW connection with this show, if anyone spots it

theres a few well known faces in this show , i watched it didnt think much of it but it only lasted thirty minutes thank goodness

I watched part of it and it raised about as many laughs with me as the later shows of Benidorm which wasnt many, but will watch it again see if it gets better, we live in hope! I have no idea what the connection was to LOSW?

this show was very much like the Benidorm series , karaoke bar , hairdressers, ill watch again and ive no idea what the connection is with LOSW

It is a new program and to be honest I was convinced that I wasn't going to like it. However, it made me laugh and I enjoyed it and will certainly watch the rest of the series. Once you get used to the characters I am sure that you will also like it. The only complaint I have is surely it would have been better to keep SW on our screens. Perhaps a tad more slapstick would have emphasized that it is a comedy. A couple of scenes did pass it off more as a drama. I too have difficulty seeing the likeness with SW. All in all it looks promising but I don't think it will last 37 years.

I was going to watch the rest of the series but halfway through episode two, we switched off. It is neither one thing or the other. :confused2:

I have watched all episodes although I have Friday's to watch the funniest scenes and dialogue are in the Hairdressing Shop with the wonderful Maggie Ollerenshaw . It's a very gentle comedy with few laugh out loud moments . Stephanie Cole has some funny lines but the main two characters Jason Manford and Catherine Tyldesley don't quite hit the spot and saying the former is a stand up comedian for a living [amongst other branches of show business] you would expect more however , that could be down to the writing of Derren Litten . In a comedy show you would not expect the funniest scenes/dialogue to rest with the supporting cast characters but it seems to here. It's not the worst series I have seen but it certainly is not the best.

Just to intercede on the Scarborough theme but after a successful first series Sky Arts has given a second series to Comedy Legends and the first episode was on last night , the subject was the wonderful Marx Brothers . It is available on catch up should anyone wish to watch it . There seems a shift in this series to artists across the pond in terms of what has been announced thus far next is Lily Tomlin and then Richard Pryor.

BBC is starting another show this evening which looks promising The Goes Wrong Show . It starts with a Christmas themed special but there is a series of different shows . I understand each episode is a different genre and the theme running through it is the cast present a play where everything that can go wrong does so big emphasis on Slapstick . The clips look promising so might be worth a watch .

BBC is starting another show this evening which looks promising The Goes Wrong Show . It starts with a Christmas themed special but there is a series of different shows . I understand each episode is a different genre and the theme running through it is the cast present a play where everything that can go wrong does so big emphasis on Slapstick . The clips look promising so might be worth a watch .

I tried to enjoy it Captain, but within 10 minutes I had to discard it

I watched it have to say there were some laugh out loud bits read about it and yes the gags are telegraphed but that's what they are looking for in the presentation from what I have read . I will definitely be watching the others because it was a different to other shows and its only 30 mins .

Back