Series 8, Episode 1; The Mysterious Feet of Nora Batty

wstol

Dedicated Member
Another great classic episode.

Perhaps this one was intended to be before the 1984 Christmas Special episode, as I don't think any versions of this episode feature Crusher.

I particularly like the scenes with Wally Batty where there is confusion as the trio discuss Nora's feet, and great use of Ronnie Hazlehurst's 'fairytale' music as Foggy creates an image of Nora getting ready for bed.

This is just about the greatest ever episode for my money.

Love the scene when Ivy throws Compo,Clegg and Foggy out of the cafe,then forgets Wally is behind her,and then shouts after them 'Why don't you come on Sundays,we're closed on Sundays' ;D

Another great classic episode.

Perhaps this one was intended to be before the 1984 Christmas Special episode, as I don't think any versions of this episode feature Crusher.

I particularly like the scenes with Wally Batty where there is confusion as the trio discuss Nora's feet, and great use of Ronnie Hazlehurst's 'fairytale' music as Foggy creates an image of Nora getting ready for bed.

The Sence between Wally And Nora in the kitchen where Wally keeps looking at her feet is one of the funniest scence in the whole series.

Love the scene when Ivy throws Compo,Clegg and Foggy out of the cafe,then forgets Wally is behind her,and then shouts after them 'Why don't you come on Sundays,we're closed on Sundays' ;D

Have to agree this one makes me laugh every time and the scene in the kitchen.

Nora, " And don't let me catch you with any funny boooks!"

Top notch. ;D

Yes,an excellent,excellent episode and up there as one of my favourites. ;D ;D

Hector.

Series 8 was an important link between Series 7 and Series 9 with vast cast changes.
Series 8 was the first without John Comer, introduced Howard, Pearl and Marina,and saw Foggy's last appearance for a while. Then before the start of Series 9 Seymour and Edie had been introduced.

Things would never be the same again.

I think the whole of the first Foggy series are good that is series 3 through to 8 and although we all have ones we like better or worse, as a whole I think these series have a great deal.

As already mentioned, series 8 was transitional with additional cast and hence other sub-plots that somehow changed the style of proramme. Of course, I am biased becuase these were the series I first saw (missed the first two in 1973 and 1975 as did not have TV then).

Series 8 was an important link between Series 7 and Series 9 with vast cast changes.
Series 8 was the first without John Comer, introduced Howard, Pearl and Marina,and saw Foggy's last appearance for a while. Then before the start of Series 9 Seymour and Edie had been introduced.

Things would never be the same again.

That's not to say I have anything against the Seymour years, I must add.

Back