Sir Bobby Charlton turns 80

captain clutterbuck

LOTSW Fanatic
I am not sure how many football/soccer fans there on the forum but the BBC showed a documentary about Sir Bobby[who turns 80 on the 11th] last night what a fascinating watch it was. I do hope some of these so called stars of today who are overpaid jerks were watching this because the biggest lesson they would ever receive on humility and how to present themselves was there on screen . What a gentlemen with so much humility , to show unbridled compassion and determination in the face of such adversity and tragedy is lesson to all but particularly the players of today who have lost all perspective on life .

There was a single scene which showed everything about not forgetting your roots and where you came from . As part of his recuperation from the awful tragedy of Munich he went home to Ashington [a town 20 miles or so North of me] to stay with his Mum Cissie and there was a thirty second clip of him having a kick about with local kids at the back of her house . How many players would you see today doing that . I am sure it will be on the BBC IPlayer if anyone missed it or if they want a complete contrast to what the current crop of players lives are portrayed.

Back