State of Health

Big Unc

Dedicated Member
George was recently brave enough to share his health problems with us all and I recently let something slip in one of my posts so I thought it time I let you all know my condition.

About three months ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer - at the locally advanced stage to give it its technical turn. I was quickly put on hormone treatment - I was mighty impressed with speed at which Fife NHS worked. Later this month I get another blood test and from results we will know now effective the treatment is in shrinking the tumours.

If you want to know more go to the Prostate Cancer UK website: http://prostatecanceruk.org/

It is absolutely prolific with information. And all you guys, if you are having the slightest problems with your waterworks, go get checked. I was prompted by a doctor who came to our church's Men's Breakfast Discussion Group and talked about men's health issues, particularly the prostate.

I am very much at peace with things though I am concerned that I have a semi-invalid wife to look after. Research into prostate cancer has been immense and is very much ongoing and life-expectancy is generally pretty good and increasing. But I suppose I am anxious about the results of that impending blood test, so prayers for that please, from those of you who pray.

I very much love the following words of Peter Marshall, the Scot who became a preacher in the US, became minister of First Presbyterian Church in New York Avenue, Washington DC and was Chaplain to the US Senate for two years after the war. He dies around 1949 of a heart attack at a very young age and there was a film made of his biography - A Man Called Peter - which was quite a hit, Richard Todd playing the part of Peter.

"When the clock strikes for me, I shall go, not one minute early, and not one minute late. Until then, there is nothing to fear. I know that the promises of God are true, for they have been fulfilled in my life time and time again. Jesus still teaches and guides and protects and heals and comforts, and still wins our complete trust and our love.
"The measure of a life, after all, is not its duration, but its donation."

You had better be fighting it or I'll be up there to fight you!!!
We need you here so look after yourself. Best wishes to you and your family Big Unc. Take care.

Thank you for letting us know, Big Unc. I will keep you in my prayers. I believe a positive, "can beat this" attitude goes A LONG way in battles against cancer.

I too believe that prayer works and we will be praying for you Big UNC. Keep fighting and being positive.
Thank you for posting this.
I love this quote.
"When the clock strikes for me, I shall go, not one minute early, and not one minute late. Until then, there is nothing to fear. I know that the promises of God are true, for they have been fulfilled in my life time and time again. Jesus still teaches and guides and protects and heals and comforts, and still wins our complete trust and our love.
"The measure of a life, after all, is not its duration, but its donation."

Very true.

You will be on my mind Big UNC.

I also believe in prayer and a positive attitude. My prayers are with you and your wife.

My Big Unc,
Thoughts are with you, my partner has had cancer for the last four years, and is now in remission, until of course the next check later this month.

So I know how your feeling and your family, it's a scary word cancer, but it can be beaten with the mighty force of positive thinking.

So big love and hugs to you and your family

xxx

My thoughts are with you Unc, I was tested a few years ago including a biopsy by a sadist. I was declared as a B. P. H. patient (Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia . This meant I am now on a permanent medication for my waterworks , not perfect but some semblance of normal function. I am now one of the "watchful waiters "(keeping an eye on things and being checked regularly) So keeping positive must be your watchword from now on.

Thanks for the Peter Marshall words Unc, and I hope that your next test are good results, I have a friend who has been through the situation and he was determined it would not take control of his life, so pleased your NHS were so prompt
Terry

You keep fighting big man.
I will pray for yo.
Oh and by the way,a challenge.First of us to go is a cissy.

Many prayers are being offered on behalf of you and your wife. Thank you for sharing the Peter Marshall
quote...so uplifting.

Friends

Just a short word (and contrary to much opinion, I can be brief on occasion) to express my thanks for all your kind words and prayers. It is so good to be a member of this community.

I am most gratified by the number who have expressed pleasure in the words of Peter Marshall which I quoted. It is good to know they uplift others as much as they do me.

Many blessings to all.

Big Unc (Frank)

:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:​

Belatedly may I offer my prayers and thoughts for you - only because out of touch electronically - trusting that you do indeed get the right result.

I have also been out of action yet again so sending you a mountain of happy sunny thoughts.

As everyone knows, my job is very demanding, so I'm sorry this is late, but I'm sending lots of positive energy your way. Keep your head up. :42:

Psalm 100
A psalm. For giving grateful praise.
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Had my second three monthly hormone injection today and, more importantly got the current PSA reading from blood sample taken a week ago. PSA level has plummeted down from around 320 to 5 - the treatment is working, Thanks Be. Thank you for all the prayers.

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:​

Great news Big UNC, many prayers your way from our entire family and we will keep praying until it is gone for good. Keep up the fight my friend.

Back