SUMMER WINE APPRECIATION SOCIETY

andymacp

Does any forum member know if the SUMMER WINE APPRECIATION SOCIETY is still in existence as i applied back in October 2009 and to date have not had anything back appart from a brief email from the President to acknowledge an enquiry if he had received my membership application.

To be honest I thought it had folded. The website has not been active for almost a year and I let my subscription lapse a while back. There is a groupl on Facebook using the same name, but I don't know if its run by the same people.

The last time I read a message from Clive Eardley, he said that he was finidng difficult to put the time in.

The show is due to be cancelled after this next series and I don't believe there are many fan sites out there for the show, in fact this is the only forum I know of.

Sorry I could not be of more help, but I don't think it is running any more :(

I think it is dormant - you used to send four stamped envelopes - I think Clive still has two of mine from some years ago waiting for the next issue. The last thing we had was the CD with images on. Things happen - but very slowly.

To some extent its role has been taken over by websites such as this one. I can think of at least two or three other ones prior to Terry's which have come and gone - some suddenly.

There is one other forum and one also linked to the Huddersfield Examiner.

Back