T shirts...

I'm not really one for a "message T-shirt" but I just might break down and get one of these.

Nice to see the show is getting a little love in the T-shirt industry. Thanks for sharing.

Had an idea once upon a time to have a set of T shirts printed to sell after one of those idea storming sessions when you are on Holiday lying on the Sun Lounger . It was to use a Stickman [although really from a PC perspective Stick person, pretty much like the character in the opening titles of the Saint for those who remember the show] in various situations with the brand name "The IP's" so picture of stickman SlIPping , TrIpping etc but then thought it would have limited appeal and it was time for lunch so dropped it .

The T shirts on the site are not inspiring . Off the top of my head you could have Auntie in a Lord Kitchener pose saying " Auntie needs you [and your money] Spend , Spend Spend " or Howard dissing Steve McQueen running away from Pearl with the banner "the true Great Escape" . It's a shame that copyright would prevent you taking an image from the show because there are still print shops around who transfer any image onto a T Shirt and will include any slogan.

...or Howard dissing Steve McQueen running away from Pearl with the banner "the true Great Escape"

Funny you should say that...I always wished there had been a tunneling episode as a blatant salute to The Great Escape....just like they did in 'Allo 'Allo ("The Great UnEscape")

I always pictured Howard and Marina finally breaking into daylight, covered with dirt, screamingly proclaiming their freedom at last, and finding they'd tunnelled right up into the middle of the room of the ladies' coffee morning. :21:

I always pictured Howard and Marina finally breaking into daylight, covered with dirt, screamingly proclaiming their freedom at last, and finding they'd tunnelled right up into the middle of the room of the ladies' coffee morning.

Closest they came to underground was when Foggy taught Howard to construct a Foxhole which culminated in an unfortunate incident that was clearly a pure accident on my behalf . How was I to know I would fall through and land on Marina I did struggle to get away but she has a grip of steel . Quite why Howard got so out of his tree just because we were hugging each other is beyond me purely an innocent encounter dear chap ! :08:

Closest they came to underground was when Foggy taught Howard to construct a Foxhole which culminated in an unfortunate incident that was clearly a pure accident on my behalf . How was I to know I would fall through and land on Marina I did struggle to get away but she has a grip of steel . Quite why Howard got so out of his tree just because we were hugging each other is beyond me purely an innocent encounter dear chap ! :08:
Now just a minute. You corrected me when I accidentally called you Lieutenant Commander Willoughby, Royal Navy, retired. Now all of a sudden you claim to be him - or are you claiming to be Ron Moody. OR are you claiming you came back to life and disguised yourself, just so you could fall into the foxhole with Marina?

I will leave my major gaff in place for all to see , what was I thinking of , a real Homer moment , a Rodney Trotter 24 carat Plonker mistake , apologies to all but especially you ME2.

dope.jpg

Closest they came to underground was when Foggy taught Howard to construct a Foxhole

In today's paper it appears someone has also learned how to construct a Foxhole from Corporal Dewhirst , specifically Talulah . Talulah is a tortoise who escaped 6 months ago from her leafy garden through a foxhole . She was reunited with her owners having been found the other side of the road her house lies on. It is apparently quite busy with traffic so she must have crossed in the wee hours when it wasn't. In the elapsed time of 6 months when she was missing she managed to travel .............. 350 yards in total . What a great story :)

Last edited:
Back