The irony!

Hubby and I stopped off at Holmfirth for an hour on our way home yesterday.

We went into the bookshop (Daisy Lane?) and no word of a lie the first book I saw was Andrew Vine's book about the series! I bought it as I'd been looking for it for a while but the sheer irony! A book about Last Of The Summer Wine in a bookshop in Holmfirth of all places!!

I am off to Holmfirth tomorrow, not for sight seeing though, picking up motor parts, may just have time to grab a sticky bun

You're one of the officials Pearl ! Why don't you "book " them?!;):08:

Like some football players , Gary Neville et al , were fined and banned by FA for inciting the opposition crowd, Dick you must be under scrutiny after a remark like that , trying to set one of the "ref's" against us , tut tut man! :fp:

I hope you don't meet Wesley in the junk yard. He might want you to give him a hand with something. :D

........................or if its Auntie's junk yard take plenty of cash as you are bound to get Regatta'd ............. fleeced! Beware buying any refurbished car door mirrors at Auntie's knockdown sale price [exorbitant is any top garage] you could get your collar felt by two well known Bobbies! :13:

Auntie Wainwright's Housing Emporium has a special deal this week , she is waiving her fees in a one off special deal , Rod will be waving goodbye to any chance of making a profit on his property !

This is probably heresy to most people, but I've solved the greater part of the problem by purchasing eBooks whenever possible (or borrowing them from my local public library), and donating my hard-copies to the Friends of the Library to sell and use the money to support the library. An added benefit of the eBook format is that I find that it's much easier to hold a Kindle Paperwhite and to turn the pages than to hold a hard-copy book. Now my much smaller hard-copy collection consists mostly of very old books and of ones related to LOTSW or Holme Valley history that aren't available in e-format.

Back