The Swan Man of Ilkley

Marsden%204-16%20005_zps6eqob5li.jpg
Marsden%204-16%20020_zpshcscvd9b.jpg

This is the last of my photos,things aren't great at the moment and its been a brief distraction,but its back to reality,thankyou to everyone who has commented or liked,it makes it all worthwhile.I'll get up to Scarborough in the summer and post the photos that I have,also if I manage to do a little walk I'll try to post a couple of photos,theres also a special place I want to visit,the location of which I'v been searching for years,and recently Terry told me exactly where it was,thank you so much,and I have always got one eye on the developments at the Monkey Inn and my souvenirs,its still waiting to be demolished to make way for new housing.This last photo was taken right next to the Packhorse Bridge at Marsden,one of my favourite places,and is from the episode Who's That With Nora Batty Then.
Marsden%204-16%20009_zpsup38q0zn.jpg
Marsden%204-16%20025_zps08lj57lp.jpg

Given what you have intimated about things not being great at present thank you so , so much for taking time in difficult circumstances for capturing these great photographs they are very much appreciated . The very first one in the second batch is interesting , the screen scrape shows Compo appearing to look at the Graffiti on the wall , clearly it isn't there now, I was wondering if it was something the crew put there for the show and removed when they had the shot .

The Watersedge Cafe clearly wasn't there when they filmed it would appear to be a private Cottage . Its very picturesque must be great to sit there when the weather is nice but I imagine it gets really busy at times . I wonder if was opened as the Cafe as a result of LOTSW interest in the area they filmed or simply because it would be a nice place to moor a boat/barge there seem to be lots of places to tie up from the photographs you posted . Thank you again.

The Watersedge Cafe clearly wasn't there when they filmed it would appear to be a private Cottage . Its very picturesque must be great to sit there when the weather is nice but I imagine it gets really busy at times . I wonder if was opened as the Cafe as a result of LOTSW interest in the area they filmed or simply because it would be a nice place to moor a boat/barge there seem to be lots of places to tie up from the photographs you posted.

I believe that the Watersedge Cafe opened as a result of the restoration and reopening of the Standedge Tunnel in 2001. There's also a very interesting exhibition describing the building and restoration process in the warehouse across the car park from the cafe.

I made a quick visit to Holmfirth today to pick up some tickets for the Folk Festival when theres lots of events and music going on in the street and around town,I'm really lucky that one of my favourites,Josienne Clarke and Ben Walker are playing there,and I'v got tickets for me and my wife to go see them in the Parish Church next to Sids café,their song Silverline is a bit melancholic but I love it,and to hear them sing it in Holmfirth too just makes it extra special,I couldn't call into Holmfirth without stopping off at our bridge next to the town centre.
Holm%204-16%20004_zpsaylmiawl.jpg
Holm%204-16%20008_zpsjlf3tary.jpg

Pete thank you for posting the photographs whilst I could understand the China shop still being there I find it astonishing that the Bookies has remained independent given the Competition on the High Street with Ladbrokes, Corals etc . I am going to cut this post short they are showing Foggy's attempt to find my treasure must be the tenth time he's tried doesn't he realise [to quote Arkwright] its a subterfuge , a sousaphone , a trick. I wonder if I could get a Bet on at Jack Pearson's that Foggy won't find it!

Back