The Use of Drones

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
I have noticed more and more the use of drones in TV shows, just think if they had been available during the years of filming of LOSW, the best they could manage is tall steps.

All that lovely countryside filmed from above, following the trio as they walk over the moors etc.

I do hope to take mine across to some of the locations later in the year when the weather improves

Sadly the bad side of irresponsible drone owners [ unlike yourself Terry , I know you take the ownership and flying of a drone very seriously and have a full understanding for the safety aspects ] was brought home in my local paper yesterday when a plane had a near miss with a drone and Air Traffic Control had to divert aircraft and delay flights until ,with the help of the local constabulary , they managed to ensure that the area was safe for flying .

Any drone flight used commercially ie for TV & Film have to log a flight plan just like any flight,so they will have authorised clearance to fly in a area for the duration, sadly some drone users will act the same as mobile phone users when driving, until the penalty is severe enough to stop them they will continue

Ideal to use these to check the lay out of someones home for burglary purposes and other criminal activities.
Are we legally allowed to shoot them down?:rolleyes:

Drone use for the coverage of car rallying events has proved a great boon. Where once that sort of ariel photography was only available to world rally championship coverage via helicopter, now even small local events can have dramatic overhead footage in the hands of a skilled operator

Back