The Weather

Uninterrupted Power Supply,worth every penny,the computer and router are connected to this,the UPS to the power socket,if the power drops within 2 minutes the computer does a controlled shut down,the router stays running and I can carry on with the internet as long as the laptop battery holds out

Many thanks for that. Interesting device. I must investigate further and maybe invest in one.

Uninterrupted Power Supply,worth every penny,the computer and router are connected to this,the UPS to the power socket,if the power drops within 2 minutes the computer does a controlled shut down,the router stays running and I can carry on with the internet as long as the laptop battery holds out

Many thanks for that. Interesting device. I must investigate further and maybe invest in one.

Unc you need to look at something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APC-1500-...erruptible_Power_Supplies&hash=item53fb7f0329

Just confirm the batteries are OK, mine came from a big reseller in Manchester who's details I cannot find at the moment,they also sold on ebay,the normal price for a used one with new batteries is £150-180 delivered,they are very heavy, it also smooths out power spikes,on the back is a usb socket,a printer style usb cable will work fine,this connects to one of your usb ports on your computer (if it is the desktop style,not a laptop) you can they set the computer so it thinks it is running on batteries, then tell it if the power fails to do a controlled shut down in a set time, the idea is not to run a big computer off it as it would probably only last around 15-30 minutes,in my case it is to keep the router running which is should do for 8-10 hours,so at least you still have wifi and internet

Back