there goes the groom

minxie

Dedicated Member
I just got my new dvd, so I could watch Truly's introduction, I really enjoyed it, but felt abit sad, just to see Foggy carted off drunk as a skunk, as his final scene. I told myself it was just a stand in.
Is it supposed that he ended up marrying the post lady and never to return, I find that hard to believe,he wasnt the marrying kind and managed to evade it for so long. Is there an explantion later in the series!!
I am getting so hooked on LOSW, than is good for me. I have to watch an episode everyday now, OH thinks I'm batty ( pardon the pun)

He's never heard of or mentioned again.

I'm pretty sure the post lady crops again in the series shown in early 1998, but I think this may be an oversight as some scenes were recorded not knowing if Brian Wilde was going to be in the series or not.

I just got my new dvd, so I could watch Truly's introduction, I really enjoyed it, but felt abit sad, just to see Foggy carted off drunk as a skunk, as his final scene. I told myself it was just a stand in.
Is it supposed that he ended up marrying the post lady and never to return, I find that hard to believe,he wasnt the marrying kind and managed to evade it for so long. Is there an explantion later in the series!!
I am getting so hooked on LOSW, than is good for me. I have to watch an episode everyday now, OH thinks I'm batty ( pardon the pun)
True it was out of character for Foggy.the lady he stayed with in Wales and Gillian seemed to have been the only women he had affection for while the barmaid in The Frozen Turkey Man and the widow Attercliffe were the only women that liked him and the barmaid only because she thought he was a millionaire

I'm pretty sure the post lady crops again in the series shown in early 1998,

I believe that the same post lady that "took" Foggy away shows
up during the Compo-funeral episodes, and may even bring
the Dear Dad letter from Tom.

I BROUGHT THIS UP ONCE BEFORE, IT BOILED DOWN THAT THERE WERE 3 POSTIES ALL SIMILAR(PROBABLY ALL BUILT AT THE SAME CARRIAGE WORKS) ;)

The post lady played by Brenda Kempner in There Goes the Groom cropped up again in Support Your Local Skydiver (I think).

The reason for this lack of continuity may be that some of Truly's first half hours may have been recorded before There Goes the Groom, largely due to the uncertainty of Brian Wilde appearing.

The post lady played by Brenda Kempner in There Goes the Groom cropped up again in Support Your Local Skydiver (I think).

The reason for this lack of continuity may be that some of Truly's first half hours may have been recorded before There Goes the Groom, largely due to the uncertainty of Brian Wilde appearing.
either bad continuity or she was still working but commuting from Blackpool :)

The postie does feature in 1998, I have the same boxset. It would be an error for Roy or Alan if it was the same actor/postie as 'There Goes The Groom', and if it was on purpose, I bet he didn't know we'd be noticing it!

...... I BROUGHT THIS UP ONCE BEFORE, IT BOILED DOWN THAT THERE WERE 3 POSTIES ALL SIMILAR(PROBABLY ALL BUILT AT THE SAME CARRIAGE WORKS) ;)

I have the biggest round - as she said in "Uncle of the Bride" after delivering the painted eggs from Foggy to Clegg and Compo.

It is a great shame in my opinion that we never got to see Foggy involved in Compos funeral, or even informed via a letter ect ect and His response whether by appearance or vacant response, I was gutted when there was no interaction what so ever.

Anyone else feel the same?

Yes, it felt very wrong, and since everything was upside down anyway they could as well have let him come back for the funeral.

I also think that it would have been right for foggy to be at compos funeral as
he was such a big part of the show for so many years.

I was always hoping that at some point Foggy would reappear just for one episode,and for Compo's funeral it would of been really nice to have him there

wasnt Brian invited back for the funeral episodes but declined? Sad Foggy''s last appearance didnt feature Brian,Colin Harris,thats it the guy who took his place,forgot his name for a sec :)

If Brian was invited back but declined, then it puts that particular discussion to bed for all times sake. I dont know that he was or wasn't, I would like to think gthat he was, given the massive part he played in the show with Bill for all those years.

I recently mentioned in another post how I have a hard time watching the episodes centered around Compo's death. I do watch them, however, and acknowledge that they are excellently done. Now, just reading these posts and having the thought of Foggy show up for at least Compo's funeral. Wow! That would have been perfect. In addition he could have been with the guys when they looked over the the guys in the white shirts giving Compo a final send off. That would have been very moving. But of course, this is a lot of "what ifs"

Of course I could be totally wrong, but I have a vague impression that the post lady in both shows was named Rosemary and person playing her was also named Rosemary. Not sure of the last names.

Of course I could be totally wrong, but I have a vague impression that the post lady in both shows was named Rosemary and person playing her was also named Rosemary. Not sure of the last names.

A Stephanie Roscoe played post lady in three episodes:

– A White Sweater and a Solicitor's Letter (2001) … Postwoman
– From Here to Paternity (2000) … Post Lady
– Last Post and Pigeon (2000) … Postwoman

In "There Goes the Groom" it was Brenda Kempner who also played the part in "Support Your Local Skydiver (1998):
– Support Your Local Skydiver (1998) … Post Lady
– There Goes the Groom (1997) … Post Lady

So, it was the latter who took Foggy away.

Back