"They fascinate me, the lifeboats."

Marianna

Dedicated Member
They merely interest me, but I had a pleasant stroll last week along the Minehead Esplanade from the West Somerset Railway bus stop to the lifeboat station. The walk was mostly in memory of Wally in Scarborough ("Cheering Up Gordon") taking Nora to Marineland instead of seeing the lifeboats.

The space was too tight to be selective about the angle I shot from, or to use a tripod for maximum resolution, but the photo gives a general impression of the smaller of the two lifeboats.

More photos later for the heritage railway buffs among us.

Attachments

• Minehead lifeboat.jpg
    Minehead lifeboat.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 21
Nice picture, Marianna. I always liked the episodes when the crew got to go to the seaside, Cheering Up Gordon and Boarding House Caper.

Hope you are having a nice time over there. :)

Great picture Marianna . In the UK we have the Pride of Britain Awards and my local TV Station organised a panel and I was absolutely delighted that this lady has been put forward to the finals as our Regional Representative . The story tells it all , this lady collects for a truly magnificent cause , the volunteers are so brave and the work they do deserves all the praise and more .

https://rnli.org/news-and-media/201...ser-wins-itv-tyne-tees-pride-of-britain-award

Nice picture, Marianna. I always liked the episodes when the crew got to go to the seaside, Cheering Up Gordon and Boarding House Caper.

Hope you are having a nice time over there. :)

I'm back at home now, as of late Saturday evening. Had a wonderful, restful time. No schedule to adhere to except keeping the bus times in mind. It's a rural area, so they run only every two hours. Lovely seafront for strolling. Clean air to breathe. Pleasant people to interact with.

Back