This is the spot...

I have discovered that the Black Horse Inn, in Blyton, Lincolnshire, do a 3 course meal from 12 noon until 2pm Mon-Fri for a total cost of £7.00, if you are not a big eater then the main course is just £5.00, amazing value and a wide choice of meals

Just realised I should contribute to this as last month I visited a cafe, tea shop, hostelry or such like 27 times.

The list includes (all recommended):

Luby's in Cross Hills - more than once
Roots Shoots in Keighley - more than once
Lord Rodney in Keighley - twice
Kitchen in Cross Roads (near Keighley)
Ellsworth Kitchen - Skipton
Flip Side - Skipton
Herriots -Skipton
Antonio's - Keighley
Cafe Choux Choux - Keighley Railway Station
Cello Cafe - Leeds
Hare and Hounds - Old Town, near Hebden Bridge
Abbey Tea Rooms - Bolton Abbey
Fig and Olive, Batley
Fix - Carnforth

for those in Yorkshire or Lancashire all good coffee, for those from further afield places to visit when passing through ... might be a little difficult if you are USA based I appreciate.:42::42::42:

We rarely eat out on our travels but last weekend camping in Derbyshire we ate at the pub we were staying at so i'll big up The Royal Oak in Hurdlow. Excellent food...local produce....cooked to perfection. While i'm here i may as well recommend Relish in Bakewell if you need a quick brew or a slice of their incredible date and fig slice. It's a great place to sit outside and watch the world go by. I'm a regular there now and always have a chat with the staff.

During these troubled times our local pub has offered a outstanding service for the locals, offering home cooked meals including roast dinners , delivered to your door five day's a week , on top they offer by arrangement a basic shop service for essentials which can be collected or delivered, I noticed their meals cost are no more expensive than usual.

Just realised I should contribute to this as last month I visited a cafe, tea shop, hostelry or such like 27 times.

The list includes (all recommended):

Luby's in Cross Hills - more than once
Roots Shoots in Keighley - more than once
Lord Rodney in Keighley - twice
Kitchen in Cross Roads (near Keighley)
Ellsworth Kitchen - Skipton
Flip Side - Skipton
Herriots -Skipton
Antonio's - Keighley
Cafe Choux Choux - Keighley Railway Station
Cello Cafe - Leeds
Hare and Hounds - Old Town, near Hebden Bridge
Abbey Tea Rooms - Bolton Abbey
Fig and Olive, Batley
Fix - Carnforth

for those in Yorkshire or Lancashire all good coffee, for those from further afield places to visit when passing through ... might be a little difficult if you are USA based I appreciate.:42::42::42:
Oh, all of these names especially Cafe Choux Choux -- so wonderful. The food sounds wonderful too.

There was a similar tale on my local news last night there is a wonderful little village near Bamburgh called Low Newton its basically a few cottages and a pub/hotel called the Ship . It is situated right on the coast only a few steps to a what is now a deserted beach but for the locals all the tourists who would be there are gone . The pub although closed is offering a grocery delivery service for the locals , there is no local shop the nearest is a Sainsbury's 10 miles away so its not a "pop out for essentials " location so the two ladies who run the Pub have set up this service and are also cooking the odd meal for those older residents who are struggling at present . The whole place like many is showing such a wonderful community spirit. Here is a couple of snapsof the village and its beach.

low newton.jpg

low newton 2.jpg

Back