Traumatic night

My nephew has had another Anaphylaxis episode but not as bad this time except for the fact that this time he was on a break in Amsterdam when it happened. He had been in a restaurant and is still not sure what caused it, he knew the tingling sensation in his mouth was a very bad sign so he got a taxi to hospital straight away. The doctor told him he did well to act so fast, so all was well in the end, except for the 300 Euro the hospital charged him!

Can't he claim that back?
Sounds like he knows how to handle it, good for him. Some people would panic, its good he was calm.

Depends on whether he has insurance Susan, I don't know that. He is still there at the moment, his Mam had to send him over 300, he was cleaned out :(

I am sorry John but glad to hear he was so alert to what was happening! How is he doing now? Can he get about now or is he at home?

He's fine now anyway, he was warned by the medics the last time that if he didn't act quickly he could die, which is a sobering thought. It's such a worry though for his Mam and Dad, they fret about him constantly, knowing how vulnerable he is.

He's fine now anyway, he was warned by the medics the last time that if he didn't act quickly he could die, which is a sobering thought. It's such a worry though for his Mam and Dad, they fret about him constantly, knowing how vulnerable he is.
I can't imagine. Bless his heart.

He's allergic to countless things Susan, all types of food, pollen and medication. He had his meds Dick, he carries a Epinephrine pen with which he can inject himself with a substance like adrenaline. Protocol seems to be get to a hospital first and use the pen if this is not possible. He never goes anywhere without it now.

Wow, John, just read thru what you wrote last summer about the near death experience. Since he has such a long list of allergies, he really needs to be careful. Probably peanut oil in something he ate. Provided peanuts is one of the allergies. Glad he mended over the summer and yes fast acting on his part. Isn't there some sort of injection he can give himself of adrenaline to counter act the attack or is that something just for bee stings. ( forum help please, Is there a DR. in the house?) I suppose food allergies is far too serious to go and give self a shot to slow it down to get to hospital.

Wow, John, just read thru what you wrote last summer about the near death experience. Since he has such a long list of allergies, he really needs to be careful. Probably peanut oil in something he ate. Provided peanuts is one of the allergies. Glad he mended over the summer and yes fast acting on his part. Isn't there some sort of injection he can give himself of adrenaline to counter act the attack or is that something just for bee stings. ( forum help please, Is there a DR. in the house?) I suppose food allergies is far too serious to go and give self a shot to slow it down to get to hospital.
Yes, he carries an Epinephrine pen with him at all times.

Back