Waiting for God (1990–1994)

I recall seeing this as child and didn't really appreciate the humour but can picture Bill Fraser as an atypical Sergeant Major [aka Windsor Davies in It Ain't half Hot Mum] .
It aint half hot mum.. was a funny but strange show.. I liked it lots..
and what an awesome voice and presence Windsor was on the screen!

I recall seeing this as child and didn't really appreciate the humour but can picture Bill Fraser as an atypical Sergeant Major [aka Windsor Davies in It Ain't half Hot Mum] . On looking it up I noticed that Frank Williams ,the Reverend Timothy Farthing in Dad's Army also appeared and a long forgotten "Cheeky Chappie" Harry Fowler.
Yes Bill Fraser plays a great character as well. Frank Williams is still fairly active according to the IMDB website. And I think I’ve got a film on dvd with Harry Fowler in it when he was a child but can’t think what one.

my favourite comedy,s
as time goes by
keeping up appearances
dinerladies
acorn antiques
boy meets girl
early doors
the royle family
one foot in the grave
miranda
fawlty towers
birds of a feathers
mum
some mothers do ave them
on the buses

A company called Kaleidoscope has undertaken a survey to identify the top 100 programmes people miss and wished were still on . If anyone is interested please click the link below . The site , British Comedy Guide, is well worth a look for people who have not viewed it

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/3057/comedies_in_missing_shows_list/

I think you've missed the point.

The survey is not about shows people miss and wish were still on.

The survey is about old programmes where some of the episodes are missing, ie there is no recording of the episode because it was wiped or lost years ago.

So the Dr Who reference means fans would like to see some of the old shows from the 1960s that no longer survive, and are assumed to be lost forever, unless someone out there happens to have a copy tucked away (it has been known).

Back