What A Day.

Or possibly the term expresses a mistrust of the entire medical profession.

Marianna

I think there are bad doctors and good ones on both sides of the pond. I like my quack, he tells the truth whether you want it or not. I asked him if he thought a minor heart problem I was having was serious, he said if it was serious you'd be dead by now! and the last time I was talking to the nurse she said he had a woman in tears because she ( The nurses words) was a fat women who was having breathing and mobility problems and he told her it was because she was fat! You may think he sounds brash but I like that, no faffing about just comes right out and says it. When you leave his surgery you know exactly where you stand. :42::42::42:

I think there are bad doctors and good ones on both sides of the pond. I like my quack, he tells the truth whether you want it or not. I asked him if he thought a minor heart problem I was having was serious, he said if it was serious you'd be dead by now! and the last time I was talking to the nurse she said he had a woman in tears because she ( The nurses words) was a fat women who was having breathing and mobility problems and he told her it was because she was fat! You may think he sounds brash but I like that, no faffing about just comes right out and says it. When you leave his surgery you know exactly where you stand. :42::42::42:

Sounds like mine! One of my meds appeared in an article that said you should only take it for 2 months at most. When I asked him why I'd been on it 20 yrs he said " Don't worry if its not killed you by now it wont!":12:

I'll bet he doesn't write unnecessary prescriptions just to make a patient believe that he (the doctor) is doing something useful. But I hope he offered the obese patient practical advice for sensible, gradual weight loss, perhaps a referral to a dietitian and to a gentle non-weight-bearing exercise program, like water aerobics or swimming to get her moving until she had lost enough weight to really exercise without stressing her joints. Just telling her that she was fat, without any support for correcting the condition, would have been stunningly unhelpful.

Marianna

I'll bet he doesn't write unnecessary prescriptions just to make a patient believe that he (the doctor) is doing something useful. But I hope he offered the obese patient practical advice for sensible, gradual weight loss, perhaps a referral to a dietitian and to a gentle non-weight-bearing exercise program, like water aerobics or swimming to get her moving until she had lost enough weight to really exercise without stressing her joints. Just telling her that she was fat, without any support for correcting the condition, would have been stunningly unhelpful.

Marianna

I'm not sure what the outcome of that consultation was but if he treated her the way he treats me then he'd have given her the facts and referrals she needed, he's very thorough and doesn't skimp on help and advice.

Back