What is the connection between

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
This is nothing to do with them both being in the show, but it is connected to the show and something I discovered the other day
What is the connection between Blamire and Clem Hemmingway

The houses used for the one where Blamire boards and where Mr. and Mrs. Hemmingway lived in "That Certain Smile" are either two sides of the same semi-detached, or they're next door to one another on The Royds. (The very distinctive house at the intersection of Rotcher, Cemetery and Cartworth Roads is visible in the background when the houses are shown.)

The houses used for the one where Blamire boards and where Mr. and Mrs. Hemmingway lived in "That Certain Smile" are either two sides of the same semi-detached, or they're next door to one another on The Royds. (The very distinctive house at the intersection of Rotcher, Cemetery and Cartworth Roads is visible in the background when the houses are shown.)

Well done Marianna, to be honest I did not think anyone would get the answer,yes Blamire lived to the left of where later on Clem live on the right of this block of houses
Winehouse.jpg

Well done Marianna, to be honest I did not think anyone would get the answer,yes Blamire lived to the left of where later on Clem live on the right of this block of houses
View attachment 2489

That connection is so obscure that I wasn't sure it was the one you were seeing. My having noticed it simply shows that I spend far too much time "walking" around Holmfirth and environs in Google Streetview. The time would be used more wisely keeping fit for walking those hills!

Also, a few years ago I walked up New Fold and Goose Green, following in Compo's footsteps in the pilot episode, then continued to Royd Mount because it's a good viewpoint for a photo of the tower of St John's Upperthong rising through the trees. While there, I had a good look at the two semi-detached houses on The Royds, as well as the landmarks surrounding them.

Back