Yellow Tree, what type?

RickAns

Dedicated Member
Hi,

Hoping someone can tell me what kind of tree this is beside Compo. Looks pretty. The episode is Once in a Moonlit Junkyard, season 16 about 5 minutes in.

Thanks.

YellowTree.jpg

I'd agree with HJ .The flowers are lovely but the resulting "pea pod like " seeds can be toxic if youngsters eat them.

Thanks all. Due to Inky's guidance I looked up some pictures of Acacia's and found some called false-acacia robinia. From there I discovered the Laburnum tree. Before I could get back to here to respond happyjack, dick and Inky confirmed I was headed in the right direction. Appreciate your help. Good looking tree and you are right about it being toxic, dick.

Thanks all. Due to Inky's guidance I looked up some pictures of Acacia's and found some called false-acacia robinia. From there I discovered the Laburnum tree. Before I could get back to here to respond happyjack, dick and Inky confirmed I was headed in the right direction. Appreciate your help. Good looking tree and you are right about it being toxic, dick.
I used to have a false Acacia in my garden in a previous house Rick and it's very similar. The colour especially. This is definitely a Laburnum, which is a variation on the breed.
You often find them in Churchyards.

The next time I see some interesting flora I will be sure to ask :). Marianna helped me out last year sorting out what and where to get some of the lovely heather that grows along the Yorkshire hills. Bought some from White Flower Farm up in Connecticut.

There was an Inspector Lewis episode that was largely focused on this tree. Were the pods a cure for cancer?

There was an Inspector Lewis episode that was largely focused on this tree. Were the pods a cure for cancer?
Back in the 70's or 80's several local children were hospitalized after eating Laburnum pods. They were stomach-pumped and made recoveries. though.:42:

Back