50 Golden Summers Celebration Weekend (26-28 May)

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Plans have been drawn up for some time, to have a special event in Holmfirth on the spring bank holiday this year (May 27-29th), though things sound promising nothing has been set in stone yet regarding who will be there and what will be happening.
I feel the need to advise members that with luck this will happen and if you want to pop along or book accommodation, being a bank holiday it could in many places already be booked up.
I think if nothing else if members are they we can arrange our own events, maybe some location trips etc, supper around the campfires.

Following on from Terrys post, the Summer Winos have been in touch with me, they are likely to be in Holmfirth this weekend in question. They have suggested they could film us on piece of land I bought with any members of this forum who wish to come along, perhaps a picnic or a dedication of a bench if I can get it sorted in time. So you could find yourself starring in one of their masterpieces :D

Following on from Terrys post, the Summer Winos have been in touch with me, they are likely to be in Holmfirth this weekend in question. They have suggested they could film us on piece of land I bought with any members of this forum who wish to come along, perhaps a picnic or a dedication of a bench if I can get it sorted in time. So you could find yourself starring in one of their masterpieces :D
I hope the grass is not damp I am to old for sitting on damp grass

I can add that Edies Triumph, WRH 132J, will be in & around Holmfirth on that weekend. Parked by Sids Cafe & in the lane by Nora Battys steps. It is hoped that You will be able to have your photo taken in the car for a charity donation.

Attachments

• 20220823_133637.jpg
    20220823_133637.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 12
Plans have been drawn up for some time, to have a special event in Holmfirth on the spring bank holiday this year (May 27-29th), though things sound promising nothing has been set in stone yet regarding who will be there and what will be happening.
I feel the need to advise members that with luck this will happen and if you want to pop along or book accommodation, being a bank holiday it could in many places already be booked up.
I think if nothing else if members are they we can arrange our own events, maybe some location trips etc, supper around the campfires.
To reiterate Terry's post, it's time for all fans to book their accommodation NOW to cover the mentioned dates & avoid disappointment as it clashes with a bank holiday weekend & places may get full up. The summerwinos will be posting the intended itinerary on their website this Sunday. Fingers X'd for good weather!

I second Grahams email, I've booked the very last room at the Bridge Inn can't believe it's already sold out!

It would be absolutely wonderful to see as many forum members there as possible, when word officially gets out I think everywhere for miles will be sold out.

Hello all. A website will be launching in the next couple of days with full details of the plans for the weekend spanning Friday 26th May to Sunday 28th May. There are still some things to be added as we get confirmation, but I can let you know that planned events include:

– An Audience with Jonathan "Crusher" Linsley (27th) TICKETED
– A Charity Gala Film Screening (Programme to be Confirmed) (28th) TICKETED
– Summer Winos: Live (28th) TICKETED
– "A Quiet Drink" Mini Pub Crawl (26th)
– A "Flower Power" Picnic Brunch in the Hills (27th)

PLUS photo opportunities across the weekend with star vehicles and costumed characters, a family friendly "Captain Clutterbuck's Treasure" Hunt, special food and drink including specially commissioned gin and ales, and the usual Holmfirth staples of the bus tour, exhibition etc.

I will post the website link here as soon as I am able, but consider the above events to be confirmed.

Looks like it’s going to be a cracking weekend.
At the moment we’re somewhere else that weekend as we’ve already bought tickets for a vw show in the campervan but I can always sell them and divert over to Holmfirth.

On a separate note, I'm guessing all events will be staggered so we can watch them all should we wish?

I'm particularly looking forwards to the mini pub crawl, Terry hope you're bringing your Foggy style coin wallet to buy all your loyal forum members a few drinks.....

Back