Amazon Woes

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Ordered a Cheap TV from Amazon on Tuesday (I only use it to watch DVD's) under their prime deal, ordered Tuesday for Wednesday delivery, it did not arrive on Wednesday even though the tracking stated it would up until 10pm, at 21.50 that changed to say it had been delayed and would now arrive on Thursday, it didn't.
So mid morning today I call customer services to ask where it was as the tracking showed no movement since Wednesday, the chap made it very clear it would definitely be here today, we had a delivery of something else I had ordered but no TV, and no movement on the tracking so I guessed the CS chap was spinning me a yarn, interesting the driver who called today was of the opinion things are getting bad within Amazon, they now have to stick a label on the boxes showing the weight of the item, this at the moment is done manually, he showed me that whoever was doing this might need training, as the labels were stuck over the actual address, so he has to peel them of to see the full address, so if you are waiting on a delivery it could be held up while the drivers are busy peeling labels off.
So this evening I popped into Lincoln and picked up the same set I had ordered from Curry's for just £3 more than Amazon complete with 2 year guarantee

This happened to me last week, had a parcel delivered and there was a huge sticker plonked right over the address, I was surprised it arrived. It was a big box with loads of surface space on both sides but no! Has the plonk it over the address.

There is a truly massive push to get people to use online places like Amazon instead of local bricks and mortar places. So it is most expedient to get the car out and drive to these local places to do your shopping because if you don't these local places will just disappear. Yes, sometimes you need a certain widget which can easily be ordered online. Well, go ahead and order it! But for ordinary shopping needs, always remember the local shops.

Ordered a Cheap TV from Amazon on Tuesday (I only use it to watch DVD's) under their prime deal, ordered Tuesday for Wednesday delivery, it did not arrive on Wednesday even though the tracking stated it would up until 10pm, at 21.50 that changed to say it had been delayed and would now arrive on Thursday, it didn't.
So mid morning today I call customer services to ask where it was as the tracking showed no movement since Wednesday, the chap made it very clear it would definitely be here today, we had a delivery of something else I had ordered but no TV, and no movement on the tracking so I guessed the CS chap was spinning me a yarn, interesting the driver who called today was of the opinion things are getting bad within Amazon, they now have to stick a label on the boxes showing the weight of the item, this at the moment is done manually, he showed me that whoever was doing this might need training, as the labels were stuck over the actual address, so he has to peel them of to see the full address, so if you are waiting on a delivery it could be held up while the drivers are busy peeling labels off.
So this evening I popped into Lincoln and picked up the same set I had ordered from Curry's for just £3 more than Amazon complete with 2 year guarantee
Trust it was a black and white TV,,,,

This is not a political statement:
The Amazing retailer's distribution point in New York city Unionized about 3 or 4 years ago. The kind of hijinks you are describing are not uncommon when there is hate and discontent amongst the ranks.

My latest amazing purchase was a 24000 Btu mini-split air conditioner delivered by Untied Parcel Service, not an amazing truck. There was nothing funky on the box, fyi. I saved some money over what I would have paid retail, but probably not that much. It was well worth it having it delivered to the door, otherwise I would have had to waste a day, hook up the trailer, etc. etc. etc.

I hear better deals can be had on alibaba but I have not succeeded getting my hands around that website yet. A Friend will be visiting from Deutschland next month and he has offered to provide coaching.

This happened to me last week, had a parcel delivered and there was a huge sticker plonked right over the address, I was surprised it arrived. It was a big box with loads of surface space on both sides but no! Has the plonk it over the address.
Today, I was at the local US Post Office to buy a Penny Black stamp. The counter staff were speaking to another customer and said that the Amazing retailer does not have enough drivers, so an Amazing truck brings all of their packages from their logistics center to the US post office, for local distribution and delivery. Perhaps you are experiencing the same driver shortage as us, which results in the plonked stickers.

This would explain why my air conditioner (see above post) was delivered by United Parcel Service. The weight of the air conditioner was more than allowed by the US post office.

That is happening here in the colonies too. So far, Amazon has been good, but Fedex is terrible, the post office has gone down hill, but still pretty good, At least in my area, but the future doesn't look good. Many places can't find decent help anymore, then you have many that don't want to work. It's sad..

Today, I was at the local US Post Office to buy a Penny Black stamp. The counter staff were speaking to another customer and said that the Amazing retailer does not have enough drivers, so an Amazing truck brings all of their packages from their logistics center to the US post office, for local distribution and delivery. Perhaps you are experiencing the same driver shortage as us, which results in the plonked stickers.

This would explain why my air conditioner (see above post) was delivered by United Parcel Service. The weight of the air conditioner was more than allowed by the US post office.
As I understand it, it is not a question of having enough drivers but there is an official "handshake" between USPS and the Amazing retailer therefore this delivery practice.

Back