Anyone got any weekend plans?

I was in a Bar in the Newcastle area yesterday with the strangest menu and custom which would have suited Wally in a former role . They have developed a humorous take on the bar shots .

If you purchase one of various shots like pink tequila or baby guinness or standard shots of spirit you get a shot of pickle , yes pickle, juice free . I know the owner who is quite quirky and comes up with great innovative ideas , god knows where this came from but I guess he knows a group of stags and hens would love this .

As Nellie's sidekick in Nearest and Dearest pretty sure Joe[Wally] would love a nip of pickle juice . Imagine the possibilities , like all spirits you could have different grades the cheap and cheerful Aldi Silverskin right through to Garners finest pickled shallot juice.

As an aside I asked the owner if he had tried it, a resounding ONCE! was his retort he hated it but says its really popular. Nowt as strange as folk.

Last edited:
I'm currently bored and staring at a blank Word document that's supposed to be my paper for Culture Religion and Identity and my mind wandered to my plans for this weekend. My cousin/ best friend, Joey, moved to Louisiana a couple of months ago and he loves it there but he and his boyfriend are coming back to Calhoun Falls for a visit tomorrow and I'm so excited to see them again! We're not going out or anything, we're just going to drink wine at my house and catch up, but I'm still super excited! Then, Sunday I'll be at my boyfriend's apartment all day and he says he has a surprise and that I'm going to like it, so I don't know what's going to happen there! Lol So I have a pretty fun and relaxing weekend planned. Does anyone else have any fun weekend plans?
Much to the regret of King George III, I and many others will be watching fireworks making beautiful designs on the night sky.

This coming Saturday, we might go to the next town over as it's their annual "big picnic day" with food stalls and family entertainments. It's by a lake and I've wanted to try the swan peddle-powered boats since I saw them. They also have motor boats you can hire, and they don't go that fast really, but I think the swan ones are more my type of speed!

(If the trio tried it, no doubt one or all of them would fall in.)

Oof. I don't have anything really fun planned this weekend except going to my boyfriend's apartment tomorrow and we can't really got out of town this week because I have to get back early for my meeting with my project team. Today I'll be straightening out my mistake from last night. I woke up to a text from my teammates saying I emailed them the wrong spreadsheet so after I finish my coffee, I'll send them the right one and then spend the rest of the day working on that 10 page paper. Pretty boring weekend this time. Lol

I had a crazier weekend than I planned. Lol I went psycho yesterday because the AC stopped working and I didn't get any work done and we're not going to go into what I did but I almost ended up moving in with my boyfriend yesterday instead of after I get a job, because my parents were not happy! Lol Then today, my boyfriend and I actually ended up going out of town even tho we weren't going to and something went wrong and I went psycho in the parking lot but my boyfriend calmed me down and that's why I love him, he keeps my feet on the ground when I'm totally losing it! Lol So yeah, crazy weekend, but we survived. Hopefully next weekend will be better.

Hope you're alright, Marina'sTwin. <3

What an active lot, this forum - always something going on...

Well, this Saturday and Sunday is the annual ice cream festival. We might just go on both days -if we don't end up feeling too sickly! XD

I'm prepping and getting stuff ready for my Yorkshire break. First one since before Lockdown. Based in Leeds I get a Seven day North east Rover ticket and just travel round to places. I always Call in at Scarborough but this time want to try new places. So I'll be doing research into best places to go.

You guys have some fun weekends planned. I don't have anything that exciting planned this weekend. Today, I worked on my part of the capstone project and then Joey came over and we played some video games. Then he fell asleep on my couch so I decided to play a scary game because that's a good idea at 3am. There was a jump scare and it scared me and I screamed and almost threw my Nintendo Switch, but somehow managed to not wake Joey up! Lol Tomorrow we're supposed to have a storm so I'm just going to stay in and do homework and read books. Then Sunday I'm going to my boyfriend's apartment as usual, not sure what we're going to do yet, but we'll probably just get something to eat and hang out. It just depends on how I feel that day because I've been through the ringer this week! Lol

Back