CATS

Adanor

Dedicated Member
Well, they're both getting up in years and it's catching up with them. The litter box, shall we say, (ah hem) has just become less of a destination. The word "finicky" has entered their vocabulary and food is often left untouched. We have the vet on speed dial. But still they're great cats.

My cat just had his tail amputated due to a tumor.. also had a few removed from his chest.. awesome cuddly friend, couldnt put him down..
$2000 later... I wish I could go back in time and become a vet.

The only issue with pets is you get too attached to them, and when they do die, its as shattering as any other family member :(

My cat just had his tail amputated due to a tumor.. also had a few removed from his chest.. awesome cuddly friend, couldnt put him down..
$2000 later... I wish I could go back in time and become a vet.

The only issue with pets is you get too attached to them, and when they do die, its as shattering as any other family member :(
That is so true Bruce.

Sorry to hear your cats are getting on in years, Adanor. I presume the photo by your name is one of them? Do you have any other photos?? would love to see them.

And sorry to hear of your cat's operation and health problems BruceC, I certainly agree with what you say about the death of a pet. I had to have my ginger tom cat put down in February 2018 (he was nearly 17). He had cancer and we had tried chemotherapy which seemed to be helping at the start but then he just went downhill again. Fearsome vet bills, but I had to try. Before that I had a lovely dilute tortie girl, but she did not survive the effects of anaesthetic during a dental operation at the age of nearly 18. Both losses were horrendously traumatic and every bit as bad as a "human" bereavement. I am hoping to get a new cat (or cats) sometime though after some rather disruptive work on the house is behind me.

The bright side of the coin. My daughter found a new partner who got fed up with looking after the cat and wanted rid!:39: Her brother took the cat in and "Tinker " has never been healthier !:D

Back