Dame Thora Hird

Double BAFTA winner, an absolutely sublime actress, A Cream Cracker Under the Settee is an incredible performance by her if you ever get chance to see it, it was on YouTube.

Double BAFTA winner, an absolutely sublime actress, A Cream Cracker Under the Settee is an incredible performance by her if you ever get chance to see it, it was on YouTube.
Another fantastic piece she was in was 'Lost for Words' - an absolutely wonderful performance from start to finish - my advice to bring a hankie to your viewing tho.

Another fantastic piece she was in was 'Lost for Words' - an absolutely wonderful performance from start to finish - my advice to bring a hankie to your viewing tho.
LOST FOR WORDS was based on a set of books written by Deric Longden . Thora's character was based on what he'd written about his mother. Pete Postlethwaite played Deric in the programme !:)

We've discussed the 2 productions she won her BAFTA's for! I've just discovered she won another for a Talking Heads, Waiting For The Telegram. Must look that one up!

Back