Edie Pegden . Hyacinth Bucket...[Pronounced Booooquet]

MoodyBlue

Dedicated Member
Another famous catchphrase [I feel like Roy Walker !!!..."say what yer see...if yer see it....say it !!!"....] used in our show before becoming a household catchphrase.......
Our Edie used the phrase "The Pegden residence...the lady of the house speaking" before Roy's biggest snob creation Hyacinth booooooquet.
With Roy's brilliant writing it shows just how versatile a "golden catchphrase" can be !!

Gothic...please forgive me...I am a dinosaur where computers ae concerned.....I am better discharging vessels at Liverpool Docks.....it's just that when I get an idea...I get....excited !!!!.
x!

Gothic...please forgive me...I am a dinosaur where computers ae concerned.....I am better discharging vessels at Liverpool Docks.....it's just that when I get an idea...I get....excited !!!!.
x!
Nothing wrong with getting excited over those two characters. I just thought of a big difference between the 2......driving was part of Edie's comedy, but Hyacinth never drove!

Nothing wrong with getting excited over those two characters. I just thought of a big difference between the 2......driving was part of Edie's comedy, but Hyacinth never drove!
Let's not forget Mrs. Featherstone in "Still Open All Hours." She is about to drive Mr. Newbold batty by organizing his life and artfully ignoring his attempts to put her off. As a note, my husband will not watch KOA as he is utterly revolted by how Richard always gives in to Hyacinth.

Let's not forget Mrs. Featherstone in "Still Open All Hours." She is about to drive Mr. Newbold batty by organizing his life and artfully ignoring his attempts to put her off. As a note, my husband will not watch KOA as he is utterly revolted by how Richard always gives in to Hyacinth.
That is my favorite part of the show! "Oooh look, a black bird!"

Having watched Keeping Up Appearances first before Last of the Summer Wine, I was shocked to hear Edie say it an episode.

Having watched Keeping Up Appearances first before Last of the Summer Wine, I was shocked to hear Edie say it an episode.
I was exactly the same, I thought Edie, you imposter! then I realised it was several years prior to KUA :p:p:p

Reactions: AJM
Back