Episodes with cut scenes being put on youtube in UK?

MST3Claye

Dedicated Member
I was just informed from a fellow Summer Wine fan, that lives in the UK that episodes with cut scenes are being put on the uk version of youtube. They're being put up with names of the crew in the clip titles. He mentioned something about how BBC only allotted 30 minutes for the episode and scenes were cut off. Now they're being put up on youtube in the UK. Anyone here able to go further about this or maybe post a link?

I was just informed from a fellow Summer Wine fan, that lives in the UK that episodes with cut scenes are being put on the uk version of youtube. They're being put up with names of the crew in the clip titles. He mentioned something about how BBC only allotted 30 minutes for the episode and scenes were cut off. Now they're being put up on youtube in the UK. Anyone here able to go further about this or maybe post a link?

I do not understand this. Except for some Christmas Specials all episodes were given a 30 minute slot by BBC. My recordings, either from BBC or GOLD (edited to remove commercials), from very opening sequence to end cut-off, last 29 minutes plus or minus 5 seconds. There was one episode, the Millenium Special, "Last Post and Pigeon" where all the credits were played at the beginning so the episode could end with the tribute to Bill Owen (on bugle) it being the very last episode he filmed.

I was just informed from a fellow Summer Wine fan, that lives in the UK that episodes with cut scenes are being put on the uk version of youtube. They're being put up with names of the crew in the clip titles.

Please explain what this means.

Assume "with cut scenes" really means WITHOUT some scenes
which have been cut??

No idea what "put up with names of the crew in the clip titles" means
or refers to. What are "clip titles" and how do they contain
names of the crew, and how are they "put up".

Please help a poor English major understand our language.

Yeah, OK, I meant a Uni degree. Also worked as
a professional writer for over 30 years. Lived well,
I might add.

But to the point ... please enlighten me on the "cut scenes"
and the "clip titles." I am really curious.

I have not been impressed with the quality of stuff
downloaded (and saved) from Youtube, but not sure whether
its a problem with Youtube or with the stuff that was
uploaded.

Alright, sorry for the misunderstanding..

I was told from a Summer Wine fan in the UK, that the UK version of Youtube has Summer Wine episodes uploaded there with scenes that were cut or edited out of the BBC airings due to the 30 minutes that the BBC allotted for the show. Possibly 15 minutes were edited out?? Apparently these episodes are on youtube in the UK, but making them different from the normal episodes being uploaded there.. these "uncut" episodes have crew member names in the video titles (maybe to be easier to find? all you have to do is type in the show name and the crew member name? I don't know.)

Either way, I'd like to know more about this one if there is such a thing. Reason is, when I'd watch it here in the states on PBS (which is commercial free) it would run 28 - 29 minutes which I thought was a full run show. Thus my inquiry about this. I wondered if anyone else here knew of this.

nothingtoadd.gif

Alright, sorry for the misunderstanding..

I was told from a Summer Wine fan in the UK, that the UK version of Youtube has Summer Wine episodes uploaded there with scenes that were cut or edited out of the BBC airings due to the 30 minutes that the BBC allotted for the show. Possibly 15 minutes were edited out?? Apparently these episodes are on youtube in the UK, but making them different from the normal episodes being uploaded there.. these "uncut" episodes have crew member names in the video titles (maybe to be easier to find? all you have to do is type in the show name and the crew member name? I don't know.)

Either way, I'd like to know more about this one if there is such a thing. Reason is, when I'd watch it here in the states on PBS (which is commercial free) it would run 28 - 29 minutes which I thought was a full run show. Thus my inquiry about this. I wondered if anyone else here knew of this.

Have had a look but cannot see anything. From what I read, if anything episodes tended to be tight on time and it was mentioned that on occasion Glenda and Barry in particular were asked to do a quick fill in to bring the episode up to its allotted duration.

I often thought from what I read in the Summer Wine Appreciation Society material - which I always regarded as quite authoritative in that they had direct access to Alan Bell - that often extra bits were added to make up time, thus ther would be no cuts necessary. This would confirm Big Unc's view.

However there would also be out-takes -some of which have been aired in tribute prorammes on the BBC (25 years, 30 years) and these contain material not seen in original episodes usually becaue of a mistake.

I think I even did find such a thing sometime, but can´t remember which one it was. I thought the uploader was to blame for this and maybe it actually was his fault, but maybe not. I wouldn´t have thought something like that really happened to the BBC.

Back