Episoed You Always Seems to Miss

codfanglers

Dedicated Member
I have previously mentioned that I don't own any Summer Wine DVDs. Instead I rely on an old VCR to receord the afternoon airings of Summer Wine. I haven't yet ordered a DVR for my cable service. My wife usually tapes Summer Wine for me but occasionally there is an error with the recording. Sometimes she forgets and other times my 2 yr old, or his 2 yr old friend, tampers with the buttons.

As a result, I always seem to catch certain episodes, but by coincidence, I always seem to miss the same episodes. For example, I just finished watching Series 8. Last year, I missed Woolen Mills of Your Mind. This year I caught all the episodes except for the one day we left the house early for a day trip. The episode for that day- Woolen Mills of Your Mind.

I have seen this episode before though. I believe I have seen all the episodes by now but one particualr episode that I always miss stands out, Defeat of the Stone Worm. I only remember catching part of it once a few years back in my earliest days of watching Summer Wine. I only recall the guys on their hands and knees with their ears to the wall at the cafe listening for the stone worm. I have no explanation for always missing this episode but I will do everything I can to catch it when it comes up again.

This thread might not relate to those who have the series on DVD. But for those who rely on tradional television viewing or old-fashioned recording, what episodes do you tend to miss by accident?

I notice that as well. I tape what episodes I love the most on my DVD through cable. I do notice that as they move from series to series they (PBS) leaves out about half of the shows for that series. I wonder why....

I notice that as well. I tape what episodes I love the most on my DVD through cable. I do notice that as they move from series to series they (PBS) leaves out about half of the shows for that series. I wonder why....

They literally leave out half the shows? In Maryland, they show all the regular episodes but don't show the specials.

That's the way they do it here in Minnesota...all the shows but no specials. This week I'm having LOTSW withdrawal, since the PBS station is having pledge programming instead of my show. I'm very "lost" between 6:00 and 7:00 pm!

That's the way they do it here in Minnesota...all the shows but no specials. This week I'm having LOTSW withdrawal, since the PBS station is having pledge programming instead of my show. I'm very "lost" between 6:00 and 7:00 pm!
Same here Babs! A whole week without any new episodes. This week I saw my first show with Seymour...and saw a much younger Howard, Marina and Pearl. It is so fun to see them as they were. Howard is just the same except for a few more gray hairs. ;D

I will just have to wait for the rest of the series next week.... :-\

Back