Every* British TV Sitcom: Trivia Question 2

What do you think is the total UK sitcoms with at least 1 series broadcast, of at least 2 episodes?

Results are only viewable after voting.

theatrically_inclined

Dedicated Member
My quest to catalogue *nearly every British TV sitcom is as complete as I can make it, for now.

I have trawled various web sites including the BBC Programme Index and a number of TV and movie info web sites.
To make my research complete I have allowed myself a broad definition of what constitutes a "sitcom" so I can narrow down what I use for future research purposes. Therefore, the full list does include:
  • single episode shows,
  • broadcast and un-broadcast pilots that were never developed as a series,
  • series that were made and never shown,
  • series that were pulled before all episodes were shown,
  • series made for children, and
  • animated, puppets, cartoon series, etc, made for grow-ups.
For the purpose of this Poll, I'm not including any of the above variants, just sitcom series that were broadcast.

My quest to catalogue *nearly every British TV sitcom is as complete as I can make it, for now.

I have trawled various web sites including the BBC Programme Index and a number of TV and movie info web sites.
To make my research complete I have allowed myself a broad definition of what constitutes a "sitcom" so I can narrow down what I use for future research purposes. Therefore, the full list does include:
  • single episode shows,
  • broadcast and un-broadcast pilots that were never developed as a series,
  • series that were made and never shown,
  • series that were pulled before all episodes were shown,
  • series made for children, and
  • animated, puppets, cartoon series, etc, made for grow-ups.
For the purpose of this Poll, I'm not including any of the above variants, just sitcom series that were broadcast.
Hope you've now included The Sun Trap ;)

BBC2 are having a sitcom season with a show on every night at 10 pm. I doubt there’ll be any forgotten classics though.
Talking Pictures have just shown the two series of Together that were made in the ‘80’s. The second ( last ) series was broadcast live and although it wasn’t a sit com it certainly made me laugh in a Crossroads kind of way :).

Back