Favorite Tipple

I know 3 years dosent sound a long time but I was in a bad way which also explains my prolonged absence on here

I've had spells like that around work, worked shifts felt deprived of a social life so created my own , friends all at work so used to hit a cocktail bar in Newcastle and go through the card on my 4 days off especially when I couldn't drive and firm provided a taxi to/ from work. So easily done. There were times earlier in my career when drinking was not frowned upon/banned that I would have a session at lunchtime and straight back after work 5 days a week. I retired some years ago from work and hammering the drink thankfully.

As Barry said have you tried 00 Guinness Terry , my friends say of all of the zero alcohol drinks on the market its the best and close to the original. As a spirit drinker I have absolutely no idea why they have come up with 00 spirits why would you pay something like £6-8 for a 00 G and T when you get pretty close to a G and T if you have a good tonic water over ice with lime or lemon slices .
The 00 Guinness is fantastic. I gave up alcohol for a while the other year and found it was a very good substitute for a proper pint.
I only have a few pints at the weekend nowadays.

Think we have a consensus for 0% Guinness then !

I have to admit part of the enjoyment of drinking for me is the relaxing and social lubricant effect. So when I'm not drinking I'd prefer to stick to water or tea, particularly when zero alcohol drinks cost roughly the same as their alcoholic siblings. I certainly don't drink anywhere close to what I drank in my youth but if I'm enjoying a really nice meal I always think it tastes better with a glass of wine. But then again maybe I have a drink problem :18:o_O:p

Back