Foggy

Great picture of the trio. Yes, I bet they are plotting to shield themselves from whatever idea Foggy is dreaming up to enlist them in. I do hope there is a bench somewhere that faces the water as well. Such a nice view.

I imagine the bench is a prop and has probably been used at several locations . We have been here before [re the bench not the stream only the lucky few have been there] it would have been nice if the BBC had donated the benches to the area and left them in-situ when the series finished so that the fans could use them to enjoy the views .

In honour of the cast they could have put plaques on each one with the character/actor's names so at least there was some recognition of the show in certain locations, because from what I have been told from members such as Pete, who has visited the locations and photographed them as they are now, you simply would never have known they had ever filmed there.

I personally do not think the local councils in the area have given the recognition to the show for the sheer volume of Tourism LOTSW generated and continues to generate.

I imagine the bench is a prop and has probably been used at several locations . We have been here before [re the bench not the stream only the lucky few have been there] it would have been nice if the BBC had donated the benches to the area and left them in-situ when the series finished so that the fans could use them to enjoy the views .

In honour of the cast they could have put plaques on each one with the character/actor's names so at least there was some recognition of the show in certain locations, because from what I have been told from members such as Pete, who has visited the locations and photographed them as they are now, you simply would never have known they had ever filmed there.

I personally do not think the local councils in the area have given the recognition to the show for the sheer volume of Tourism LOTSW generated and continues to generate.

Some of the benches are real and in some nice locations, yes they did drag a bench around in the props dept,so when needed it was there, I know of 4 locations where the bench was real, the fake bench was used as much as the fake telephone box, though these days the fake box was used more than the bench

Not knowing the area I thought it was a park bench. Did not occur to me it could have been a prop. Still, it seems like a nice place to put a bench. Of course I do not know what the bench is facing. :oops:

I would love to know where some of the props and costumes from the show have ended up . I know that Foggy's cap and Jacket ended up with a forum member in the US and of course there are some in the Holmfirth Museum next to Nora's, but if you think about the numbers of characters who have appeared in the show and I imagine for the long term regulars they must have had several versions of their outfit , where have they all gone ?

In the context of the museum, there was an article a couple of months back stating that the proprietor was putting it up for sale and taking a well earned retirement. Has anyone heard whether or not it was sold and if so will it remain as a museum with all props intact or has effectively perhaps been purchased for some other purpose and closed its doors for the final time . Thank you in advance for any information .

I would not mind finding a LNER cap on ebay for a decent price some time. Think it would be neat to have one. Make me feel like Foggy with his whistle and flag. :geek2:

I would love to know where some of the props and costumes from the show have ended up . I know that Foggy's cap and Jacket ended up with a forum member in the US and of course there are some in the Holmfirth Museum next to Nora's, but if you think about the numbers of characters who have appeared in the show and I imagine for the long term regulars they must have had several versions of their outfit , where have they all gone ?

In the context of the museum, there was an article a couple of months back stating that the proprietor was putting it up for sale and taking a well earned retirement. Has anyone heard whether or not it was sold and if so will it remain as a museum with all props intact or has effectively perhaps been purchased for some other purpose and closed its doors for the final time . Thank you in advance for any information .

I have Foggy's cap

I was sure had the hat but didn't want to mention in case you had not , but there are loads more items , all of Nora's hats of which there are many, where have they all gone ,sold off in bulk to an organisation who probably would sell on to make a quick profit . I was hoping Terry you may know about the Holmfirth Museum , I know Pearl was there last week but not sure Pearl would have ventured to that area of town .

I was sure had the hat but didn't want to mention in case you had not , but there are loads more items , all of Nora's hats of which there are many, where have they all gone ,sold off in bulk to an organisation who probably would sell on to make a quick profit . I was hoping Terry you may know about the Holmfirth Museum , I know Pearl was there last week but not sure Pearl would have ventured to that area of town .

How much if any was given/donated or sold off I don't know, but the story was the space above the old Lodges supermarket in town had offered rent free space to allow the town to organise a losw visitor centre, the BBC had offered all the sets and I assume props, but they had to be collected in a short time frame, just a few weeks, there was a lot of it and a brief attempt was made to get folk to help with transporting the lot from the BBC to Holmfirth, I was told before the organisers had chance to make arrangement, which was taking a while, the BBC informed them it had all been skipped.

This was probably done by the people who decided to cancel the show, if all the sets etc were gone then the chance of even a final special being made was nil.

I assume this is what happened to it as after several years after the filming was cancelled, if any of this had been made available, it would of appeared probably on auction sites.

The reason Foggy's wardrobe became available is that after his death his wife was given the garments, when she died she had left it to a charity, the charity decided to auction it, to raise funds

the BBC informed them it had all been skipped.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: That is nothing short of criminal it does however make me inquisitive how the gentleman who runs [or is it now ran] the Museum next to Nora's house manage to get hold of the props and clothing [ for example Smiler's overcoat and brown shoes] ????

Jst looking back ovr old threads, I also have a set of Foggy's clothes! I suspect there were quite a few especially if you count the 'stunt double' ones aswell. I purchased them from the Chap in the photo, it's when he got them from an auction at a comedy awards dinner, the auctioneer was none other than Jeffrey Archer. At the same dinner, Frank Thornton was supprised with the big red book, 'This is your life'. IF Anyone has any photos of that event I would love to see them.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 30
Jst looking back ovr old threads, I also have a set of Foggy's clothes! I suspect there were quite a few especially if you count the 'stunt double' ones aswell. I purchased them from the Chap in the photo, it's when he got them from an auction at a comedy awards dinner, the auctioneer was none other than Jeffrey Archer. At the same dinner, Frank Thornton was supprised with the big red book, 'This is your life'. IF Anyone has any photos of that event I would love to see them.
Clive who was seen in many episodes

I have spotted him a few times in the background. As you probably know he was the guy from the original LOTSW appreciation society, back in the day when they had printed club newsletters & Wally's pigeon post.

Back