Foggy's house

Peripheral

Dedicated Member
Does anyone know anything about Foggy's house? Last night, while watching 'Phantom of the graveyard', he came out of a house, 'Arnold Crescent'? and appeared to lock the door. If that was his abode, was it his own house or was he a lodger? If the said property did belong to Foggy then who did the black and white cat in the porch belong to? I got the impression, through the series, that Foggy was not an animal lover. :15:

Well, when Foggy arrived, he moved into his old family house. Later, he searched for his golf clubs in his landladies' attic. In another episode, he arrived at his home and walked into the front door. Whether he owned, rented, or just had a room is unknown.

Most of the time, he met the other two relaxing on a hill in the grass, in a pub, in Clegg's living room, or Compo's abode. As he was suitably attired and seemed well rested, his living quarters did not need to be addressed.

Well, as far as animals went, in the next to last episode, he was not adverse to finding that monkey. And did he supposedly eat insects to survive in the "jungle?"

Well, when Foggy arrived, he moved into his old family house. Later, he searched for his golf clubs in his landladies' attic. In another episode, he arrived at his home and walked into the front door. Whether he owned, rented, or just had a room is unknown.

Most of the time, he met the other two relaxing on a hill in the grass, in a pub, in Clegg's living room, or Compo's abode. As he was suitably attired and seemed well rested, his living quarters did not need to be addressed.

Well, as far as animals went, in the next to last episode, he was not adverse to finding that monkey. And did he supposedly eat insects to survive in the "jungle?"

An army lance corporal called Foggy
Had a pet, a black and white moggy
But he gave it the boot
When it peed on his suit
And made his waistcoat all soggy.

Does anyone know anything about Foggy's house? Last night, while watching 'Phantom of the graveyard', he came out of a house, 'Arnold Crescent'? and appeared to lock the door. If that was his abode, was it his own house or was he a lodger? If the said property did belong to Foggy then who did the black and white cat in the porch belong to? I got the impression, through the series, that Foggy was not an animal lover. :15:

It's confusing because of the first series Foggy appears in. When he is introduced we are told he's moving back to an empty house. The show is mostly consistent with this. However, in that same series we have the golf episode, where there is a reference to a landlady and the implication that he is a renter. I believe this is because that episode was filmed early, with few changes from the fact that it was originally written as a Blamire episode. Michael Bates left the series at the last minute so I think they filmed some episodes with minor changes and then filmed the episode that introduces Foggy later. So there is a continuity problem.

After that we never hear of a landlady again. There are a few episodes where we see the front of his house but I don't know if they consistent in filming at the same exterior or not. In the early years they seem to have taken some liberties with that.

Back