Getting Closer

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Well there is a good chance that this time next week some of us will read Alan Bell's new book cover to cover, I am looking forward to getting mine on Sunday,we can all have a good review of the book here next week

Have you noticed if its going to available on Kindel? I've been looking and can't find any info yet.

Have you noticed if its going to available on Kindel? I've been looking and can't find any info yet.

Sadly not the category of book that tends to be made available on Kindle, but I could be lying. There is a "Managing the Prenatal Environment to Enhance Livestock Productivity" available on Kindle at a mere £94.50 which includes an Alan W Bell amongst its authors but that is not quite what we are after.

I was pleasantly staggered recently to get the new Ken Follett, Winter of the World (Century Trilogy 2) at a mere £0.20 on Kindle from Amazon. saved reserving it from the library.

Thank you Big Unc I'll check again on Sunday, I was able to get the Andrew Vine book on Kindal so I'm hoping to get this one too. I know its not the same has a real book but some times you just have to take notice of all the room they take up.
I have had many good books for less than a £1 or even free and its great to just down load in seconds.

Thank you Big Unc I'll check again on Sunday, I was able to get the Andrew Vine book on Kindal so I'm hoping to get this one too. I know its not the same has a real book but some times you just have to take notice of all the room they take up.
I have had many good books for less than a £1 or even free and its great to just down load in seconds.

I could be wrong, (I practise very hard), but is it not the case that with books like this the transcription to Kindle is done by volunteers. No, on second thoughts, that applies to older books that have never been in digital form and were printed in the days of steam. This will be in digital form so it will be up to the publisher. Someone has contact with Alan JW Bell so maybe he could suggest a Kindle edition to the publisher.

I try to save my bawbies and borrow from our library (though Alan JW Bell's is a must for my own collection - need it to hand, like Vine's, for reference). But Kindle is ideal for holidays and travelling!

Note that Amazon cannot quote the publisher of the Alan JW Bell book - "Imprint Unknown".

Am hoping to get up to Holmfirth on Sunday for this :-D Going to be a long drive but will be worth it!

Regret that my duties prevent me from getting to Holmfirth on Sunday - it is my busy day!

Hope you all have a good time - I shall not need to read the book, you will all have told me about it on here!

Take care on the journey, Welshy. I'm in Neath and would love to be going. Sadly we're still in the middle of a sad time here. But who knows, maybe in the future a few of us from this area might travel together to a Summer Wine event in Holmfirth.
Enjoy it and tell us all about it.

Just been down to Antonia`s Bookstore to order Alan Bell`s new book.Should have it by the 7th they tell me,really looking forward to it now.

I'm on the "notify" list when the book becomes available via Amazon.com. I was thinking about getting an autographed copy, but it would cost $28.00 not including shipping. I'm curious as to what it will sell for here in the States.

Hi Rhi,
Didn't make it to Holmfirth in the end, the family had other plans. Am dying to get up there, and a future trip with fellow Welsh winos sounds like a cracking idea, count me in!

Back