Had a Letter Today

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
Well a card from Royal mail saying a sender has put the incorrect postage amount on a letter, no idea who this letter is from and not expecting anything, I contacted the number given, asked who it is from but they would not tell me, the actual amount short on the postage is 14p but Royal mail want £2.50p to deliver it, I know it's genuine as I caught the postie as he walked back up the road, so I asked what happens if I don't pay, they said they return it to sender, which must cost them money, so I told them that is what they should do then.

Amazing they would not tell you who or where it is from. Is it at the local Post Office where you could pick it up for the 14p instead of the £2.50p they are wanting for delivery?

Well a card from Royal mail saying a sender has put the incorrect postage amount on a letter, no idea who this letter is from and not expecting anything, I contacted the number given, asked who it is from but they would not tell me, the actual amount short on the postage is 14p but Royal mail want £2.50p to deliver it, I know it's genuine as I caught the postie as he walked back up the road, so I asked what happens if I don't pay, they said they return it to sender, which must cost them money, so I told them that is what they should do then.
Probably your £2m pools win from Littlewoods, they'll cancel the cheque when they get it back.

Amazing they would not tell you who or where it is from. Is it at the local Post Office where you could pick it up for the 14p instead of the £2.50p they are wanting for delivery?
I did ask about that Rick, the office is 12 mile away, and the surcharge would still have to be paid

Its an unpaid tax bill from 1979 , you understated your income Terry on your return and they worked out you should have paid more tax . I imagine you want to know by how much ????? Well its 14p and they get it back via Mr Postie who collects it on behalf of HMRC. :)

Its an unpaid tax bill from 1979 , you understated your income Terry on your return and they worked out you should have paid more tax . I imagine you want to know by how much ????? Well its 14p and they get it back via Mr Postie who collects it on behalf of HMRC. :)
Fair enough

Back