Here We Go Into The Wild Blue Yonder

manfromoswestry

Dedicated Member
Where is the location where the trio were filmed walking on top of the viaduct with the cows grazing in the foreground? I tried looking under the maps section of the website, but it wasn't listed.

Where is the location where the trio were filmed walking on top of the viaduct with the cows grazing in the foreground? I tried looking under the maps section of the website, but it wasn't listed.

Not a 100% sure about this one,but it could be Cullingworth viaduct,picture below is from street view

CV.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's the same viaduct that plays a part in "Three Men and a Mangle", when they drop the mangle on the police car

Thought I had posted on here about this one..

b-yonder.jpg

blue_yonder1.jpg

It's the Crigglestone Viaduct to the west of the A636. To the west of Calder Grove and north of Great Cliff.

I'm pretty sure it's the same viaduct that plays a part in "Three Men and a Mangle", when they drop the mangle on the police car

No it is not that one as this one has a larger brick buttress, Claye has found it it is the Crigglestone viaduct

Not a 100% sure about this one,but it could be Cullingworth viaduct,picture below is from street view

CV.jpg

Sometimes this is known as Hewenden Viaduct - you can walk across it, Cullingworth Viaduct is the one in the middle of Cullingworth, which you can also walk on.

I thought three men and a mangle was Thornton Viaduct (all part of the Keighley-Bradford line via Queensbury, closed 1955). Crigglestone viaduct was a former Midland Railway structure whereas the others where GNR structures so might be able to tell from that knowledge.

I thought three men and a mangle was Thornton Viaduct (all part of the Keighley-Bradford line via Queensbury, closed 1955). Crigglestone viaduct was a former Midland Railway structure whereas the others where GNR structures so might be able to tell from that knowledge.

Correct. Three Men and a Mangle was indeed Thornton. One thing that makes Crigglestone a legitimate answer, if not for the pictures (plus the big electrical tower power lines in Google Earth.. you can also see in the episode).. but Crigglestone Viaduct is near Mirfield (which is where they visited Foggy's old army mate in A Flag and Further Snags.. and Brighouse which the canal port appeared in the ending of In The Service of Humanity.

Back