Hey Cleggy, I can see the scar!

One of my favourite episodes !!...the introduction of the direct decendant of Robin Hood...on his mother's side...she were a Bristoe.....rotten drunk firing his arrow and hitting the sign outside The White Horse.....Nora all love struck because of Billy's resemblance to Robin Hood [I am afraid she needs to go to Specsavers !!!] "what would yer like on yer sandwiches love ???"......and my favourite part...Howard and Marina all togged out for a life in the greenwood and Howard spots Pearl......and shouts out in terror..."OH NO,IT'S THE SHERRIF OF NOTTIGHAM !!!!!"....A WONDERFUL DAFT EPISODE FROM START TO FINISH.

Hey @MoodyBlue , was it Bristoe or Bristol? Might sound similar. Not really occurred to me while watching the show until you posted. Because I have some Bristol's on my mom's side that came from the U.K. Maybe I'm related to Billy and Robin Hood!?!

I got the impression it was Bristow rather than Bristol as in the context of the conversation it would make more sense if Billy was talking about family names.

Have not watched a Billy episode lately. You could be right on Bristow / Bristoe. Bristol, off by one letter, oh well. Thought maybe he was dropping the L sound at the end. Was a nice thought while it lasted. :)

Back