I heard that… pardon ?

I enjoyed it but maybe they let it run too far especially when Stephen Rea and Anita Carey left and they just replaced the characters , yes they are working to a script and the actors are competent replacements but I always find it difficult to accept that change it just does not feel right. The catchphrases are still well remembered and quoted . The rest of the cast are accomplished actors and they make the show so watchable despite my reservations . Mort's monologues are sheer acting perfection .

A most excellent show. I can see Mort living in Summer Wine Land.

What is the medal that Mort always wears on his lapel? I also think he has another, different one on the inside of his lapel as well. Recall him flipping the lapel over to show it.

What is the medal that Mort always wears on his lapel? I also think he has another, different one on the inside of his lapel as well. Recall him flipping the lapel over to show it.
I never fully understood that either, but it seemed funny.

Last edited:
There's one scene where Uncle Mort decides to recite a typical episode of the Archers, I think he mimics a phone call between Dan and Phil Archer - very funny.

The cast changes for Carter, Pat, Uncle Stavely and Sid Skelhorn spoiled the programme slightly, but it was still good.

Back