If you could watch 1 episode per series what would it be?

E

Eli Thingy

I been thinking about this today, if we were in a position where we could only watch 1 episode from each of the 31 series which 1 would you choose, for the purposes of this im not classing the specials as part of the series however we can choose 1 special from that decade i.e. the 70's specials would be the pilot, a merry heatwave, small tune on a penny wassail and a dewhurst up a fur tree. the 80's specials would be whoops, all mod conned, getting sam home, the loxley lozenge, uncle of the bride, merry christmas father christmas, big day at dream acres, crums and whats santa brought nora batty then?, the 90's specials would be barry's christmas, situations vacant, stop that castle, welcome to earth, the man who nearly knew pavarotti, a leg up for christmas, extra extra and there goes the groom the 00's specials are last post and pigeon, potts in pole position, a musical passing for a miserable muscroft, a short blast of fred astaire, variations on a theme of the widow winstanley, merry entwistle and jackson day, a tale of two sweaters and i was a hitman for primrose dairies and incase you were wondering about series 9 im classing that as the classic numbering so its the series of 12 episodes and not like it is on the R2 dvds, happy picking ;D

seeing no1 has said there choices yet i thought i wud start us off

series 1 - the new mobile trio
series 2 - the changing face of rural blamire
series 3 - the kink in foggy's niblick
series 4 - getting on sidney's wire
series 5 - full steam behind
series 6 - a bicycle made for three
series 7 - the waist land
series 8 - who's looking after the cafe then?
series 9 - the really masculine purse
series 10 - the treasure of the deep
series 11 - three men and a mangle
series 12 - the charity balls
series 13 - cash flow problems
series 14 - ordeal by trousers
series 15 - aladdin gets on your wick
series 16 - the defeat of the stoneworm
series 17 - the suit that turned left
series 18 - destiny and six bananas
series 19 - tarzan of the towpath
series 20 - whats happened to barry' nose
series 21 - just a small funeral
series 22 - the coming of the beast
series 23 - the incredible ordeal of norman clegg
series 24 - the lair of the cat creature
series 25 - an apple a day
series 26 - the swan man of ilkley
series 27 - who's that merry man with billy, then?
series 28 - in which howard gets double booked
series 29 - will the genuine racer please stand up
series 30 - nobody messes with tony the throat
series 31 - the rights of man (except for howard)
70's special - and a dewhurst up a fir tree
80's special - crums
90's special - the man who nearly knew pavaroti
00's special - last post and pigeon

those are my favourites from each series, i wudnt say all of them are classics but there my favourites, i gotta admit i found series 9 and series 12 very hard to choose from

A very impressive list that nearly mirrors mine. I would have preferred "The Man From Oswestry" in season 3 and "Beware Of The Oglethorpe" in series 19. Otherwise, a spot-on list!

Series 1- Short Back and Palais Glide
Series 2-Ballad For Wind Instruments and Canoe
Series 3- Going To Gordon's Wedding (although Boarding House Caper is awfully good!)
Series4- Jubilee
Series5-Full Steam Behind
Series6-In The Service Of Humanity (although Wellies to Wetsuit is awfully good!)
Series7- The Arts Of Concealment
Series8- The Mysterious Feet Of Nora Batty (although Keep Britain Tdiy is awfully good!)
Series9-Set The People Free (IMO this is one that the story line serves as the theme of the whole show)
Series10-The Treasure Of The Deep- although I don't have a very refreshed memory of this season)
Series11-The Kiss And Mavis Poskit
Series12-Come In Sunray Major (although it has stiff competition in this excellent series)
Series13-Give Us A Lift
Series14-The Phantom Of The Graveyard (although I don't have a very refreshed memory of this season)
Series15- There Are Gypsies At The Bottom Of Our Garden
Series16- The Defeat Of The Stoneworm
Series17- Brushes At Dawn
Series18- Destiny And Six Bananas (although How to Create a Monster) is awfully good!
Series19-Perfection – Thy Name Is Ridley
Series20-The Phantom Number 14 Bus
Series21- Surprise At Throstlenest
Series22-Gnome And Away (although Missing Bus of Mrs Avery is awfully good!)
Series23-Beware Of The Hot Dog
Series24-The Lair Of The Cat Creature
Series25-Jurassic No Parking (although Generals Greatest Battle is awfully good!)
Series26- Who's That Mouse In The Poetry Group
Series27- Follow That Bottle (the ultimate episode with the bunch having nothing better to do!)
Series28- In Which Howard Gets Double Booked

Series29- All That Glitters Is Not Elvis (overall I felt this series was a downer, no real consistency with the start of dwindling roles for C legg and Truly)
Series30- can someone please tell me the name of the episode where Howard eaves drop on Pearl and Roz's conversation with the wire set up by Hobbo, because that was hilarious
Series 31- How Not To Cry At Weddings - I know, everyone dislikes this as the swansong, but I still find it an enjoyable episode

Series 1- Short Back and Palais Glide
Series 2-Ballad For Wind Instruments and Canoe
Series 3- Going To Gordon's Wedding (although Boarding House Caper is awfully good!)
Series4- Jubilee
Series5-Full Steam Behind
Series6-In The Service Of Humanity (although Wellies to Wetsuit is awfully good!)
Series7- The Arts Of Concealment
Series8- The Mysterious Feet Of Nora Batty (although Keep Britain Tdiy is awfully good!)
Series9-Set The People Free (IMO this is one that the story line serves as the theme of the whole show)
Series10-The Treasure Of The Deep- although I don't have a very refreshed memory of this season)
Series11-The Kiss And Mavis Poskit
Series12-Come In Sunray Major (although it has stiff competition in this excellent series)
Series13-Give Us A Lift
Series14-The Phantom Of The Graveyard (although I don't have a very refreshed memory of this season)
Series15- There Are Gypsies At The Bottom Of Our Garden
Series16- The Defeat Of The Stoneworm
Series17- Brushes At Dawn
Series18- Destiny And Six Bananas (although How to Create a Monster) is awfully good!
Series19-Perfection – Thy Name Is Ridley
Series20-The Phantom Number 14 Bus
Series21- Surprise At Throstlenest
Series22-Gnome And Away (although Missing Bus of Mrs Avery is awfully good!)
Series23-Beware Of The Hot Dog
Series24-The Lair Of The Cat Creature
Series25-Jurassic No Parking (although Generals Greatest Battle is awfully good!)
Series26- Who's That Mouse In The Poetry Group
Series27- Follow That Bottle (the ultimate episode with the bunch having nothing better to do!)
Series28- In Which Howard Gets Double Booked

Series29- All That Glitters Is Not Elvis (overall I felt this series was a downer, no real consistency with the start of dwindling roles for C legg and Truly)
Series30- can someone please tell me the name of the episode where Howard eaves drop on Pearl and Roz's conversation with the wire set up by Hobbo, because that was hilarious
Series 31- How Not To Cry At Weddings - I know, everyone dislikes this as the swansong, but I still find it an enjoyable episode

Mut have been Nellyin series 30

i think the episode ur on about codfanglers was "How Will Howard Cross the Atlantic Single Handed?" altho i not 100% certain atm

01 - Hail Smiling Morn or Thereabouts
02 - Ballad for Wind Instruments and Canoe
03 - The Great Boarding House Caper
04 - Getting on Sidney's Wire
05 - Earnshaw Strikes Again
06 - A Bicycle Made for Three
07 - The Waist Land
08 - Keeping Britain Tidy
09 - When You take a good bite Yorkshire tastes Terrible
10 - That Certain Smile
11 - Happy Anniversary Gough and Jessie
12 - Come in Sunray Major
13 - Give us a Lift
14 - The Self Propelled Salad Strainer
15 - The Black Widow
16 - The Defeat of the Stoneworm
17 - Captain clutterbucks Treasure
18 - Destiny and Six Bananas
19 - Nowhere Particular
20 - How Errol Flynn Discovered the Secret Scar of Nora Batty
21 - Just a Small Funeral
22 - Enter the Hawk
23 - Sadly Madly Bradley
24 - The Secret Birthday of Norman Clegg
25 - An apple a Day
26 - Watching The Clock
27 - Follow that Bottle
28 - In Which Howard Gets Double Booked
29 - A Short Introduction to Cooper's Rules
30 - Goodnight Sweet Ferret
31 - The Rights of Men (Except for Howard)

and for specials....this is hard cause the specials are some of my favourite shows of the 70/80 era

70's - Small Tune on a Penny Wassail
80's - Whoops (I'd love to choose Getting Sam Home, Crums and What's Santa Bought for Nora too)
90's - Leg up for Christmas
00's - A Tale of Two Sweaters

Back