Last episodes

WesleyRocks

Dedicated Member
We all know when Bill departed and which episodes were his last, but what about the other characters?
Wesley?
Edie?
Sid?
etc,etc...
I was just wondering if anyone had a list of these, I would like to see the last episode that Wesley was in, but I have no idea which one it was.
I can only catch them on Youtube at the moment.
Thanks to all,
Wesley.

We all know when Bill departed and which episodes were his last, but what about the other characters? Sid?

I don't have a list, but happen to know that John Comer's (Sid's) last was Getting Sam Home. By the time that episode was filmed, his throat cancer had advanced to the point where his lines had to be dubbed by another actor. He died in February of '84, a couple of months after the episode was aired.

Check Wikipedia

Wesley...Check Last of the Summer Wine in Wikipedia. They have a relatively detailed list of all the characters and episodes. There is also sub-category that lists each episode in the series and provides notes with things of interest in the episodes.

Below is the link to Series 7. You can see in the notes about John Comer's final appearance in "Getting Sam Home". If you have the time to go through each Series analysis, it will tell you when the first and last appearance of most of the actors took place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_of_the_Summer_Wine_(series_7)

I watched that episode today and there was only one appearance of Wesley (when Barry asked to borrow his Rover). He didn't look ill or anything. Seemed to sound well also. I heard somewhere he died from lung cancer, but I'm not sure where I saw that.

BBC report, 21 May 2002

"Last of the Summer Wine star Gordon Wharmby, known to fans as Wesley Pegden, has died at the age of 68.
The actor had recently been diagnosed with lung cancer and died at a hospital in north Wales after being admitted for an infection.

He appeared in 11 series of Last of the Summer Wine and had been due to begin filming for the next run in just a few days time."

Last episode in which he appeared TO BE TRANSMITTED was 'Old Volvo Headlamp'.

Back