Locations: As they are today

Where will Poor Barry get his suits from now essential because according to Glenda "My Barry works in a Building Society" . I guess online clothing shops put pay to Blackburn's . There is a famous store in Newcastle called Isaac Walton's which sold high class men and ladies wear it closed some years ago , the firm survived and has a really little store elsewhere in town selling a beautiful range of hats and country style clothing and the staff are a harp back to stylish times where the customer was primary and nothing was too much trouble . The original store has been many things since all not worthy of such an elegant property when I last looked I think it was selling boxes of Christmas tat :mad: Here are a couple of snaps of store in its heyday and the small store still in business today.

issac w.jpg

issac w now.jpg

Auntie is up 'there' comparing notes with Scrooge, and possibly contemplating marriage. Has she found her perfect match?

The owners of the wrinkled stocking tearoom have 'set to' and chopped back decades of overgrowth from around theirs & Noras steps. It's now looking more like the earlier episodes that we are used to seeing. Looks a lot cleaner now & makes access easier too.

Attachments

• 20230427_151522.jpg
    20230427_151522.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 27
Yes, but it doesn't look like that now it's finished. IF all goes to plan, & it may not, Jonathan is happy to do an unveiling on the 50th weekend.

Really !!! I'm afraid I cant see how it would do Bill justice when you zoom the image the face isn't great and particularly the eyes they are far too far apart and I cannot see how they could adjust that . People will know its Compo but only by the Hat and of course if they have added an inscription but having seen may statues, to me personally, it misses the mark facially.

Last edited:
Wow, I had not noticed before how much of a grade / slope there is in front of Norah and Compo's place. The picture of yours, Graham in post #188.

Or maybe it is. an illusion with the wall and railings while the actual pathway is flat or level. For those who have been there in person, your thoughts. The angle must help the dust roll away downhill while Norah swept!

Judging by the stones on the wall it seems like a several foot rise on the left side by the white chair to the steps on the right side.

Back