Look on the bright side...

George

Super Moderator
I know that everyone is angry and disappointed with recent events,nobody more than me.To console myself I've decided to watch the show from the pilot onwards.Watching it made me forget everything and reminded me how lucky I am that so many episodes were made to keep me amused for as long as I want.Every episode I watch brings back my friends,Compo,Blamire,Foggy,Nora,Sid,Seymour,Wally,Wesley,Edie,Eli and all my other friends who have passed.
I get to see that beautiful scenery as I wander through the hills with them albeit mentally not physically,and I get to eavesdrop on their conversations that have me both laughing and crying.
I look forward to spending time with my friends for many years to come.They will certainly out live me.

You are right, George. Just the same as I felt when I was listening to one of the audio books yesterday, lying on my balcony in the sun. It´s true, as soon as you hear their voices and the tunes, it´s okay.
I certainly am one of the most grateful people, I managed to go to the live audience for the last series and I was given the greatest gift of all, making new friends here and becoming a friend of "Cleggy". I would never have thought Peter would return my friendship, and least of all that he would start it in the first place what has changed my life for the better.
I don´t know what he really thinks about the axing, but he seems to be alright with it, so let´s not grumble if even he can live with it. I shall tell him how outraged we are, I know he would appreciate it.
Okay, let´s be brave, at least we have got each other and plenty of Summer Wine flowing through the channels on Youtube etc. and on DVDs, and cast and crew know we love them.

In deed - we have a lot on DVD - although not the pilot and none of the later ones although I suspect that many have recorded the last few years onto DVD, so nearly 140 hours if we allow for feature length ones and to eb correted on the exact amoutn there is).

If we just watched two episodes aweek or oen feature length then, allowing for holidays it would take nearly three years to get through. Plenty to go at.

Back