Losing the will to live...!!

gothic

Administrator
Staff member
Recently, when calling my local Doctors surgery I would get the usual message about if it's an emergency to hang up and dial 999 (911) and then the covid warnings and messages. Ok, not so bad, normally about a minute and a half.
Now we get those messages PLUS messages about domestic abuse, including exact instructions about the website, read out letter by bloody letter, then the phone numbers, digit by so**ing digit, repeated twice, then the message about being prepared to wait for an advisor......... FOUR MINUTES AND NINETEEN SECONDS before you are put into the queue only to hear "you are number 30 in the queue" where's my gun!

To make matters worse, I eventually got through to the receptionist only to be told that the Nurses station now had their own phone number, and had to go throught the whole *%(£$&& thing again.
Where's my 1/2 litre of morphine!

I went through 10 minutes of that recorded rubbish only for the line to go dead before I got close to speaking to a human being.

Not doing that again.

I hate the ones that start if you know the extension number then dial it now, then leaves you in limbo before cutting you off, sometimes 0 would put you through to the reception, all these auto attendant/call queuing systems are there to save staff cost, and often when they take you out of the queue to tell you your call is important to them, you can lose your position in the queue.

My other pet moan is hospitals using withheld numbers, a lot of folk will not answer a withheld call as 99% of the time is a junk call, it is so simple for them to get their service provider to issue the main hospital number, often when they ring they will not leave a message if your answerphone kicks in, they say this is a confidentiality issue.
The private hospital that I have been dealing with for my cataract show their number when calling

Our NHS is wonderful for treatment for most of us, but it's an utterly inefficiently run organisation with lots of waste. My brother in law works for a company which supplies the NHS. He said any orders over £50 don't incur a delivery cost, but the same NHS department often puts in 4 or 5 orders a day under this sum, incuring a delivery cost of £5 for each order when they could simply combine them and get free delivery!!!

During my last 6 months of Physio and O/T, with juggling appointments, so I can go on the same day with a follow on appointment depending which clinic I go to first, from day one I have checked they have my email address, yet the 2 clinics write to me separately with the next appointment dates,what a waste of money

Back