Members with "Outlook" or "Live Mail" email addresses please read.

gothic

Administrator
Staff member
I am, once again, in the catch 22 battle with Micro$oft concerning email blockages.
Their argument is that the IP address of our web server is within a GROUP of IP's that contain one or two known spamming sites. Consequently our IP has been added, once again, to their blocklist by association.
I have submitted the required support form, only to be told that sadly, they are unable to mitigate the issue at the current time.

You would not believe the hoops I have to jump through, that can take many days, to get the issue mitigated, not least to get my IP supplier to clean up the other sites using IP's within our IP range (this alone will take anything up to two weeks) then getting back to Micro$oft etc, etc, etc!

So, any members here with "Outlook" or "Live Mail" accounts will NOT receive email notifications from our site for quite a while.

A temporary fix could be for you to open a "throw-away" email account, specifically for our site, with gmail, or gmx.com though this is entirely up to you.

We're very sorry for these issues.
Terry and Tony

Thank you for the information and your dedication to keeping our glorious site running it is really appreciated . When I worked in Network support we were called upon occasionally to help with due diligence when my company were bidding for outsource contracts . We were once at British Steel looking at their network setup and were astonished to find that they were using address space in the class A 51 network which is allocated to Government departments . They were adamant they had a closed network and so there was no issue not so sure that would be the case now imagine the chaos . Funnily enough when we left their site on our way back to the M6 we followed a bus with an advert about a network related site or product , can't fully remember, but the poster had an IP address quoted as an example and it started with 51 wonder if that's where their network guys got the idea to use it from there following the bus to work :)

I'm an absolute Luddite when it comes to technology so I didn't understand a word of that thread, but have you tried switching your computer of and on again to see if it solves the problem Tony ? :) :)

I'm an absolute Luddite when it comes to technology so I didn't understand a word of that thread, but have you tried switching your computer of and on again to see if it solves the problem Tony ? :) :)
There is no reboot option on the Sinclair computers here at HQ

Another Luddite here. All I can say is a big THANK YOU to ALL those who keep this site going. It works fine on my Android phone, no computer here.

I'm an absolute Luddite when it comes to technology so I didn't understand a word of that thread

I thought I could help you Barry but sadly the documents seemed to have disappeared . When I worked in networking there was an internet site some guy had set up where he explained all sorts of technical items but in the guise of it being a celebrity presenting it , so things like Joan Collins explains IP addressing , Tommy Cooper gives the key points of Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol etc .They were presented in a humorous manner but gave you good measure of each subject but I cannot find them. I think they were on my works laptop which I no longer have and I cannot remember or find the site. :(

Luddite....I found a new Scrabble word! I have an Outlook email account, but I just come on this site when I can. Whatever this all means, Terry, please don't make us change passwords again. :) Passwords are the bane of my existence!

Luddite....I found a new Scrabble word! I have an Outlook email account, but I just come on this site when I can. Whatever this all means, Terry, please don't make us change passwords again. :) Passwords are the bane of my existence!
Nothing related to the forum Cod, just Microsoft staff being bored and making it hard work

I have just received the result of my appeal from Micro$oft, they have now mitigated our IP address (taken it off their blacklist), though this procedure may take up to 48 hours. Thereafter things will be back to normal.

p.s. that is the fastest and least painful appeal I have ever experienced, maybe this is because they wanted to get to their celebrations :)

Back