Missed my books

WellyMan

Dedicated Member
My books had been boxed since last November when we started packing in preparation for moving house. After being in our new place since March we've finally got the library room decorated and the bookcases in place. It's taking ages to get the books out of boxes and arranged on the shelves, but it's great to have them easily accessible again!

There is nothing more comforting, nothing more satisfying than to be able to easily access your books. A few years ago, I wished to find out what books were on the bottom shelf of my bedside bookcase so I was in a contorted position. My husband looked at me and asked if I was in pain.

There is nothing more comforting, nothing more satisfying than to be able to easily access your books. A few years ago, I wished to find out what books were on the bottom shelf of my bedside bookcase so I was in a contorted position. My husband looked at me and asked if I was in pain.

This time we've decided to group books by the same author so it's easier to find them. The downside is we have so many books that many shelves are loaded two books deep otherwise we'd need too many bookcases!

For space I opted for Kindle and offloaded my books to a second hand store. I have retained about 2 dozen mostly what people refer to as Coffee Table books [stupid analogy] a few are film and TV related , some are art books , my favourite is a book about La Dolce Vita when all the major stars went to Italy to be photographed and be seen some really iconic stars when the title star was richly deserved unlike these no marks who get lucky and have no talent .

For space I opted for Kindle and offloaded my books to a second hand store. I have retained about 2 dozen mostly what people refer to as Coffee Table books [stupid analogy] a few are film and TV related , some are art books , my favourite is a book about La Dolce Vita when all the major stars went to Italy to be photographed and be seen some really iconic stars when the title star was richly deserved unlike these no marks who get lucky and have no talent .

Kindles do have a big space benefit, but surprisingly research has shown that people remember less well stuff they read on a Kindle rather than physical book. If this really is the case it's curious why that is.

Kindles do have a big space benefit, but surprisingly research has shown that people remember less well stuff they read on a Kindle rather than physical book. If this really is the case it's curious why that is.
I've never heard that before and although there seems no logic I can believe that. Perhaps it's easier to thumb back a few pages if you're wanting to be reminded of something, whereas this is more difficult with a kindle?

Wish I had the attention span to sit down and read books... sadly I read 30 pages today, then tomorrow start on page 15 and not even realise I read those pages yesterday :(

Back