Motorway

maltrab

Administrator
Staff member
One of the cast mentioned a motorway by name, what was the episode and who mentioned it

In Will The Nearest Alien Please Come In, Howard is worried about his bike squeaking and wants to find a less public road. Marina says "It's not the M1, Howard"

I can think of one more but I'll leave that for someone else.

In Will The Nearest Alien Please Come In, Howard is worried about his bike squeaking and wants to find a less public road. Marina says "It's not the M1, Howard"

I can think of one more but I'll leave that for someone else.
Not the one I was thinking about Roger but a good spot anyway

This is a longshot. In 'The Most Powerful Eyeballs in Yorkshire', Foggy was reverse hypnotized into a protest march aimed at stopping the construction of a motorway. I don't remember whether the proposed motorway name was mentioned or not, but I do remember that Tony Simon snapped his fingers and brought Foggy out of the trance, after which Foggy tossed his placard over an embankment and hit Howard, who was entangled with Marina hidden somewhere on the embankment.

Like I said, it is a longshot.

There was another episode where Howard, in attempt to deflect Pearl's attention, said he was giving directions for the fastest way to the B1429.

Was it 'The Suit that Turned Left'?

Another longshot.

Last edited:
There was another episode where Howard, in attempt to deflect Pearl's attention, said he was giving directions for the fastest way to the B1429.

Was it 'The Suit that Turned Left'?

Another longshot.
B roads are not really motorways, they're smaller with less traffic.

This is a longshot. In 'The Most Powerful Eyeballs in Yorkshire', Foggy was reverse hypnotized into a protest march aimed at stopping the construction of a motorway. I don't remember whether the proposed motorway name was mentioned or not, but I do remember that Tony Simon snapped his fingers and brought Foggy out of the trance, after which Foggy tossed his placard over an embankment and hit Howard, who was entangled with Marina hidden somewhere on the embankment.

Like I said, it is a longshot.
Sorry Seymour not the one I am looking for

Unless Roger has the answer, I will start leaving clues later today, you will kick yourself when the answer is revealed

The one I was thinking of was in Wind Power when Compo and Clegg come into the cafe and nearly knock Ivy over. Ivy says something like "it's like being on the fast lane of the M62"
Well done Roger, that was the one I was after

Back